View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #25
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm going to give my imput here so bear with me. Creed had a huge, diverse fan base and I don't think anybody with half a brain could not come to that conclusion. Their fan base was what made them, it was not teeneeboppers and shit like that. However, within the creed fan base there was this divide. You had a good portion of creeds base who were metal lovers or hard rock lovers and musicians who were particurly fond of tremonti or tremonti fans. Then you had the stapp fans who solely looked to the band like it was ALL stapp and to a certain extent dissregaurded tremonti, flip (and brian). I mean with a charasmatic singer like stapp thats not entirely impossible. So in the events leading up to the breakup of creed the fan base (at least to me) kinda split. The stapp fans defended stapp while the tremonti fans kinda put out that stapp was holding back the band. Thus the fan base kinda split indefinetly and with the creation of alter bridge the tremo fans (like me) were very pleased while the stapp fans will always feel stapp was stabbed in the back and on top with myles to them it will always be a competition. I'm staying in the middle. Wow, it's almost as if a cultural divide has just happend, whats next? A frigging civil war? Brothers in arms!!!