View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #40
HeXeD
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by sina2b) The difference between Stapp and other RockStars is that none of them pretend and promote to be something they are not, actually most are proud of their rockstarish behaivior which is also good publicity for them now a days. Stapp has to find himself and see who he really is and what hes really doing before giving up substances, substance usage is only one of his many issues as it appears.

VERY well put. I JUST signed up to agree with you. But I would like to bring it a few steps forward.

Scott Weiland is not a brawler and a belligerant drunk like Stapp is. Weiland is a junky..a complete junky. The only person he "beat up" was his wife..and that is probably because she is the only person he could win in a fist fight against. But on a more serious side, Scott Weiland doesn't piss all over his fans. There are waaaayyy to many incidents with Scott Stapp totally bitching out fans, and acting like he is technically "Jesus Christ" himself. Without being "nasty" about Mr. Stapp, I'll just paste a article that everyone can read..and after you read it, look at what he has been doing in public.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/mus...tapp-0804.html

The only reason I paste that is it contradicts everything he has done in the past. Before the most recent "incidents"....maybe he was trying to get his life together...but like many of his other comments, I can't help but think that everything he does is a marketing ploy.

And will people stop saying that all these other bands are "copying" Scott's "talent"? Scott copied his "talents" from Eddie Vedder, and Jim Morrison...and to be perectly honest..Eddie Vedder was probably mimicking Jim Morrison...and if you want to go back even farther..that specific style of voice was really introduced by Elvis. You cannot be in "rock" today without having certain influences..and it's obvious that Scott Stapp isn't making all of this up on his own. He is not "coining" anything. He may be talented to a certain degree..but he is no Dave Grohl (Even though I don't listen to Foo fighters..I still have mad respect for the level of talent that David Grohl posseses.) And I use the term "to a certain degree" very loosly.

I used to be a big creed fan when My Own Prison came out..but shortly after that I started hearing reports after reports of real crappy things he was saying to his fans, and the way he treats people. The second they went 5x platinum..I would only assume their heads would get big..but I never hear about Mark Tremonti getting sloshed all the time and dropping the hammer form the top rope.

And another point is.. I understand that most of you who have been huge Scott Stapp fans have a tendancy to stick up for him when he does something stupid. As long as people on this forum understand that true fans will defend him to the death..those true fans have to also realize that Scott Stapp is KNOWN for this type of behaviour. And when people bash him for things (ex. fight with 311..) it's like the boy who cried wolf. If he was not the type of person to do this type of stuff, then I would assume everyone would wait for the verified stories...but that is not the case. People jump to conclusions because usually those conclusions are right. is it unfortunate? yes..in fact, I would have probably been a creed fan if he would have at least understood who and what he was becoming. For someone to do the majority of the things he has done in the past 6-7 years in the public eye..and then turn around and try to deny what he is doing to himself, his fans, and his reputation, it wreaks of pathalogical lying. At least Axl Rose knew he was a jerk, and didn't get on tv acting like he was the victim of the "cruel media."

Last edited by HeXeD : 12-02-2005 at 08:05 PM.