View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:49 PM   #113
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: Eight years have passed since My Own Prison. I think most peoples lives have changed in that time so it comes as no suprise that the lyrics Stapp has written for The Great Divide are different.

His priorities, inspiration and religious state have all changed since then. I can still hear the 'essence of Creed' in his music. One thing that stood out for me in Creeds music was the intimacy compared to most rock bands - it was as if they were singing 'to you' as opposed to 'for you' - that is evident in Stapps lyrics concerning TGD and Surround Me.

Well, I admmit that his lyrics changed, of course; but the real problem is that NOW they are no more synonym of great lyrics, not even good ones (as they were in Creed) and its easy to everyone notice it; MOP, for instance has great songs with awesome lyrics. Still an amazing album.

And despite all the religion present in Stapps latest songs (RL,TGD and SM) I still think they are bad (especially lyrics) and I CANT see (until now) any vestige of the Creed essence in his music...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too