View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I sooooo love Tool. I have a hard time picking a favorite album, though. Lateralus was the album that got me into them, but lately, I've been listening to Aenima and Salival a lot. I love that Salival version of Pushit. I think it's one of Maynard's most amazing vocal performances ever. When I heard it for the first time, it gave me chills.

I would say my favorite song is Eulogy. I seem to hit repeat on that one sooo much. I just love that song, from start to finish. The intro is wicked cool and I love lyrics.
They have some seriously head-banging guitar riffs. Some that come to mind include Stinkfist, parts of Eulogy, the transition from Parabol to Parabola.

The drumming in Tool is friggin awesome. I really noticed what a difference it can make when drumming really good. There's something really tribal about it on Lateralus, especially in The Grudge. That is one ass-kicking opening track. It's also awesome in Disposition/Reflection and Lateralus.

I have never seen them live, and like you, I've seen APC. I had a chance to see them on the Lateralus tour and I ended up not going because I was too tired. I was just getting into them, so I wasn't as big a fan as I am now. I could kick myself for passing it up given how much I love that album. I won't miss them this time around, that's for sure.