View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
sex education in schools?

This is a bit of an issue at the moment i know at least in the u.s and Australia. What is your view on it? Is it something that should be left to parents and parents only? Or are teenagers bound to have a "roll in the hay" and better to teach them about "safe sex" and instruct girls to take the pill if they're in a committed relationship? I'm torn on the subject i must admit, in one way i feel it has just become like eating or sleeping and people nowadays have more partners then they can care to remember.

At the other end of the spectrum lets face it people have sex. No matter how loud abstience is declared from the rooftops people are not going to listen in large numbers. I think there has to be some sort of balance between people waiting until they're in committed relationships and not being prudes or naive and thinking everyone is going to wait until they say " I do". The schools need to give the facts to the children but not push any ideological agenda onto them, whilst the parents need to raise their kids as they see fit (ie: not letting the schools do everything cause they're too lazy or incompetent as parents).
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie