View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think it's just cool to hate whatever Rock band breaks-through to Pop radio. Nickelback, Staind, Evanescence, Creed, Hoobastank, the list goes on. All of them are hated, and were really only hated after they had their breakthrough hits. Staind was loved at one point, or at least liked. MOP was loved by alot of Rock fans. But when those bands had their big hits, the people slowly turned against them. It sucks, but it happened. I don't let "what's cool" influence me and because of that, I remained a fan anyway, despite the bashing. But, unfortunately, alot of people let that influence them and I believe that's why the majority of people who hate/hated Creed were/are so against them.

And the singles that were big hits(Higher, WAWO, My Sacrifice, OLB) didn't sound alike, at least in my opinion. All had a different sound, different lyrics. Unfortunately, people were quick to dismiss those songs when they found out it was Creed. Didn't even give'em a real chance.

I agree with you, MOP was the best album. I can hear the title track a million times and never get sick of it. Same with One.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!