View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #101
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Hellboy) What the fuck are you talking about?
that's what I'm trying to figure out, too, dude.
to X: looks like someone has a few preconceived (and horribly false) notions about the way our military works. i've got 2 good friends who joined the military after high school, one as a Reservist so he could go to college @ the same time and the other as active duty b/c he didn't want to go to college yet (he's now looking @ schools after his enlistment is up in a little while). X, don't even tell me they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. plus, so far as i know, their families aren't on welfare (and most americans aren't either, though you seem to believe the opposite). it seems as though much of what you think the US is like is very very very very very very very skewed. our military is comprised of guys who largely want to be there. that might help explain why it's considered the strongest in the world. how about canada's military, eh? it's like the ever-so-common joke down here: you hear about a military mishap in Canuckland, which is followed by the obligatory question. Such as, recently I saw there was a problem with a Canadian Naval vessel. the headline I saw was something to the effect of "Canadian Navy boat sinks. In other news, Canada has a Navy." oh, and if I had to guess, i'd say most of the guys in the military haven't been shot yet