View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 06:07 PM   #20
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Bush did win the popular vote, but it was no ringing endorsement. There's a good a chunk of people (48 percent or so) in this country who are NOT happy about this. I am one of those people.
In everything you do, one third will like it, one third won't, and one third won't give a damn. Just like with now, many people like it, many don't, and many don't care. But, since we live in a democracy, everyone must learn to live with it. I agree with what Kerry said in his speech when he conceded: "There are no losers. We are blessed as winners by being able to wake up every morning as Americans, and that is the greatest win of all."

Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) I'm backing Dogstar in this fight!!! I'm not happy either.

Bush has instilled fear in our people, suggesting if he were not reelected, terrorists would take over.

I personally know people who voted because of this fear, and I do not believe that they were correct in doing so.

I voted for Kerry, and I am truly sorry that he did not get elected.

I wonder what other countries are feeling about this election.
Whitebird, for the first time ever, I disagree with you. Fear was instilled in people with the terrorist attacks, and Bush is trying to stop the fear by fighting (and ultimately ending) the war on terror. I don't believe that Bush instilled a fear that terrorists will take over, but rather believe that Kerry would act too hastily regarding the troops in Iraq and may cause a big problem that way.
And about how other countries feel, I have read reports that they are also nearly equally split between Bush and Kerry.
Personally, to boil it down, I admire the morals of Bush, as they are similar to mine. Sure I don't agree with him 100%, I do support many of Kerry's views, but in the longrun, I believe Bush is steadfast and strong. I think he is good for America at this time.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"