View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 02:30 AM   #61
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) But, to me, Myles voice is just tooo cold for that type of song, it's just not *warm* enough. He doesn't have that passion.
I do understand what you mean when you say not having the passion. So this has nothing to do with the fact that Myles is singing a song that is close to Marks heart, and is about his mother?

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) Hayley, I'm sure you'll love it
I'll take your word for it.

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) you're one of those persons that is open for both Stapp and AB, just as I am.
Yes, damn straight I am.

Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) but Myles sings this with such a passion no one could do it better, and I don't think this song is supposed to be warm. I don't think Stapp sings MOP worm, it's cold, but it matches the words and the song.
Wow, you and Shadow have very different opinions. Obviously this is hard for me to judge because I havent heard the song, but I will defenitly come back to this thread when I have heard the song myself, lol.
And about MOP, it's not a warm album. It's a cold, hard, brutal, beautiful album. There is no warmness to the album at all, and that's what it is supposed to be like. It is very cold in a humble way.

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) ODR is a decent effort at a good album...it doesnt compare to what creed took 10 years to achieve...
No offense, but I think it's stupid how you can compare Creed and Alter Bridge like that. They only have one album, for goodness sakes. Creed have 3, and had been around for a decade. It's just unfair to compare like you just have.

Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) you cant pretend to have passion for the words you are singing...
That's right. I think that if Myles didn't feel the pasion for that song, he wouldn't have sung it, and he wouldn't have been the one singing on the album for that song. So that goes to show, that he does feel the passion, the feeling, and the song is right for him.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) Alter Bridge would not sell as much as Creed because Alter Bridge don't have an image. Creed had the christian image that helped them sell a lot.
Oh man. Alter Bridge don't have an image yet because they are barley out in the industry! And what do you mean "Creed had the chritian image" Dude, they had no christian image, as far as I saw them. What helped them sell alot was because fans saw the amazing music that they were releasing, and wanted to hear more. Not because of a christian image at all.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006