View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #38
Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) First of all, if you truly are "trying" to like AB, you'll have to let go of the feelings you have/had about Creed. This isn't Creed and won't take their place. Ever. Nothing any of the individual members does is going to replace what we (generally speaking) felt for that band and their music. If you'll stop trying to compare the two, you'll probably find it a little easier to enjoy the new music.
You are right, this won't take Creed's place. I'm not trying to compare. I'm really not enjoying the music. If it wasn't Mark/Flip/Brian, I wouldn't even be listening to it. The lyrics are just "there".

I've been over Creed for a while. They are my favorite band, but after hearing Scott's song over the weekend, I realized that as long as we still have him out there creating music - life is just fine without Creed. I did't feel that way after hearing AB.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) As for the disdain you hold for Myles...again, I think you're trying to view him as a replacement for Stapp, someone you truly admire and miss seeing. Now that he has new material coming out, you'll be able to hear his voice and see his face. Maybe you'll then be able to let go of the need to compare Myles to Scott and just see him for who he is....a very talented vocalist and all around nice guy.
Nobody compares to Scott....NOBODY. There is nobody in Scott's league as far as his passionate singing, the lyrics, the beautiful voice. Scott has incredible stage presence. I'm sorry, but IMO, Myles doesn't have that. He does nothing for me.

After hearing Scott's new song - I found out that they do need Scott. Scott does not need them. He has proven that by writing and singing an absolutely amazing song. Scott's lyrics are deep and meaningful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiRx) Four of the six points you made were keeping with trying to compare AB to Creed in some form. I believe that as long as you continue to try to make AB "size-up" to this band that you (we) have held in such high regard, you'll never be happy about the music they put out. Obviously, Mark, Scott, and Brian looked and sounded great because they are happy about the music they are making with Myles. If we could all just enjoy the material like they do and quit trying to draw comparisons, we might have a little easier go of it and be able to end some of the feuding over who's going to fare better.
Again, not trying to compare. AB's music is not "special". It doesn't stand out. Scott is what made Creed special because of his songwriting abilities.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) You'r point is a valid one, very true and respectable but its actually what I had/have for the band that is making me [probably more] still wanting badly to like the new band.
Ditto

Last edited by Shadow : 08-02-2004 at 08:14 AM.