View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #22
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Echelon122) I recall an interview where he said it was about lucid dreaming to help stop a recuring bad dream.

That was a long time ago, and I don't recall just when it was.
That's exactly right, Erin.

As I've heard Scott say in interviews before, he was having this recurring dream where he was running down an alleyway, and someone was chasing him with a gun. He would always turn one way (right, I think) and would always be shot and killed. Then he learned about lucid dreaming, or the power to control your dream unconsiously, and we was able to make himself turn the other way, and was able to escape.

So the "take me higher to a place where blind men see / take me higher to a place with golden streets" is about making things change to the way you want them. If you listen to the very beginning of the song it says "When dreaming, I'm guided to another world time and time again. At sunrise, I fight to stay asleep, cause I don't want to leave the comfort of this place." So he's in another place that can be as happy as he wants it to be, because he can control what happens.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"