Thread: Mayfield Four
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) agh you finally got it! i could see the cornell comparison there straight away ( a positive BTW) but with summergirl did not jeff buckley come back from his watery grave? he has his own voice and style however and hearing him got my excited for alter bridge. mark writing that great music and those solos, the rythmn section of brian and flip and myles the cream on the strawberries how good is it going to be?

he's a good lead guitarist as well playing all the guitar in that album, that solo in believe is hella good! a greater number and more complex solos (thats where mark comes in) and alter bridge will rock! zia uddin their drummer is also badarse!

YES, Summergirl is definitely Buckley-esque. I'd love to hear him go high like that more! I listened to it again today and I don't know if it's the mixing or production or what, but on the harder songs, the vocals seem diminished, and they're really good! They almost seem in the background compared to the instruments...Heh, it also could be that I'm going deaf ...Anyway, I'm really digging the CD and yes, the solo in Believe is really good. I will be getting Fallout, too, probably online!