Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 04:42 AM   #4495
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) we're just all lumped into one big category and so, through confirmation bias, people tend to remember stuff that confirms preconceived notions of certain facts, etc.
Yes. I would tell you exactly why I think guys are scum but it's too upsetting for me. This happened to me late last year, and now it is hard to trust other guys. When you have gone through something traumatic and life changing, it's hard to feel the same way as you once did with the last guy you gave your heart too. It's just a matter of trusting for me.

When we say that guys are scum, it's most likley obviously that we have gone through something crappy with a boyfriend. It happens once, they treat you like shit, you think it will happen again with any other guy. It's as simple as that, when we say guys are scum it's because we think all guys are the same. Lying, heart breakers.

Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) thus, you're more likely to remember when a guy treats you like scum or when you see a guy treat his girl like scum on the news, rather than remember the vast majority of "non-scum" stuff...
Yes, that's true. But it's the scum that you remember more, and you forget COMPLETLEY about the non scum stuff, the good stuff, once a guy breaks your heart, that's it, you don't think about the good stuff anymore.

Just my
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006