View Single Post
Old 11-23-2003, 06:13 PM   #121
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Teri...

I understand where you're coming from, I really do, because what a storm it has created.

In all fairness to the 3 girls who were at the Meet and Greet though there is talk that perhaps Mark knew what he was doing when he made his comments to them. They were asked where they were from and how they found out about the Meet and Greet before the discussion and comments were made including the one that he and Scott had "parted ways"

It has been speculated that he maybe was getting frustrated at not being able to get the word out about his new band. It seems inconceivable but could there be some legal constraints???

He's an awesome dude and I have great deal of respect for him. But let's face it, he's also a businessman and has a lot at stake here. I've read that he said he's worked harder the last year than he ever has.

His number one goal now presumably is to make a success of his new band.
Again, why nothing has been said officially is a mystery.

But the girls who were there were speculating why they were given this information. Michael came on Creedpit and denied anything deliberate but you know what, we'll never know. I really don't fault them. It was Mark who made the statements and Michael who has continued to give out further info on MBs and in a chat room. I'm sure Michael is a terrific guy also but they have a lot invested in this new venture so they need to get things done. One of them is to find a way to let people know about the new band and maybe even to test the waters a bit. Unfortunately, this strange way of communicating has been at the expense of fans. Let's face it though, people now know about the band and the reaction is coming in.

Aside from the bizarre way this is all transpiring, I thought as I said above that some of the personal comments made about Scott were pretty low and unfair.

As Michael stated above, a lot has happened behind the scenes and thats where it should have stayed, imo. Those comments about Scott, true or not, should not have been made.

I don't think we can blame the girls though, if you want to blame anyone, blame the source of the comments.

Just my opinion.

And I have come full circle and truly believe we will see Creed as a band again. Until then, I wish them all good luck in the individual projects they are pursuing in the near future.