Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #58
jimmy2sacs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I really dont see any reason for smoking, at least marijuana gets you high, so ican understand doing that more than just smoking(although i dont think you should try either). I've been able to easily stay away from drugs, smoking, and drinking even though i knew that I could get it at school whenever i wanted. Its simple to say no, i dont see why you could catch on from friends or whatever. My friends smoke and drink but they know i don't so they respect me enough to not smoke when im around because i cant stand the smell. I've gotten into fights with them about this and they told me the same thing "im gonna die anyway, why not just enjoy life?" i kind of understand where they come from with that, but then i explain to them how i dont think smoking and getting drunk is fun at all. I've seen the effects of drinking and smoking far too well to even think about picking up a cigarette, taking a sip of beer, or whatever else comes up when im hanging out with my friends. One of my friends who used to play soccer and was great cant play as well as he used to, so now im convincing him to quit doing all the shit he does. he's quitting smoking and drinking , but hopefully he can get back from what damage was already caused.