View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 09:03 PM   #9
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by musicsaves
I personally see a lot of unhappiness or something in his lyrics. Songs like To Whom It May Concern, Hide, Who's got my back, it's like music doesn't make him happy anymore, or doesn't do what he thought it would for him. Or even just songs like Illusion or Weathered, it's like he's struggling to be happy and/or content in general. Maybe this has always been a problem for him, but theres something about the whole of weathered that makes me think he's kinda had it with this part of his life.

"Music doesn't make him happy anymore." What the heck are you talking about. Ok, some of his songs may be based off a sorrowful time in his life like WTLF, about a suicide of a friend, but that has nothing to do with music not making him happy anymore. Scott has said many times that he leaves the meanings of the songs up to the individual fan and I guess it's your own feelings of the songs that make you think they're sad. I don't think that out all about Weathered. I went and saw Creed at a concert last summer, and I can tell you the whole place felt just awesome. There was sign at all that anyone was unhappy about the music or lyrics. Scott and the boys were having the time of their lives up on stage.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)