View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 03:41 PM   #141
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
>>>Rob, think again if you think this is really going to hurt Creed. They may pay monetarily, but that's about it. They won't even be the ones dealing with the most of it. That's what attorneys are for.<<<

It hurts them in a different way. They lose fans. In turn, they lose CD sales. They lose CD sales - the label terminates the contract. They go to another label and get a new contract for less money. They get less money for a tour. So starts the downward spiral.

Now - I'll give you a bit of my background so you know I am not some run of the mill guy - I worked in the music industry. I worked in radio for 10 years. I spent 5 years as a chart researcher for Billboard magazine. I worked for a market research company that worked with radio stations. I was on the air in Vermont and New Jersey, on a top 40 station and a rock station. I run my own internet streaming radio station. I've seen and analyzed the rise and fall of artists' popularity. You just don't know what this will REALLY do to their career.

Having been in the industry, I know the deal. I'm telling you, if they do not settle this amicably, if they do not apologize publicly and all we get is PR from the attorneys, people WILL remember it. It WILL hurt the band in the end. It makes them an impersonal entity. Nothing is more important to an artist then their relationship with their fans. That is again why I tell you: support the band by encouraging them to play a makeup concert. It will go a long way towards smoothing things over.

--*Rob