CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   One Last Breath used in 24 Promo! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2348)

gade202 03-18-2003 09:59 PM

One Last Breath used in 24 Promo!

Wow, this just freaked me out. I have American Idol on in the background (I don't watch it but find it mildly amusing) and there was a 30-45sec promo for the show 24 coming back next week with a new episode and about mid way through, it breaks into Creed's One Last Breath. It fit perfectly too since they are on the brink of war (Yes, in the show too, what timing) and many lives are at stake. It's odd since they don't use any mainstream music on the show of any kind. Anyone else catch this?

TeriB19 03-18-2003 10:03 PM

No, I missed it because 24's not on, I'm not watching Fox. But I love that show and I think it's very cool that they used my favorite band's song in one of my favorite show's promos!! How cool?!?!

DangerousDan85 03-18-2003 10:06 PM

yeah that's cool, my mom and sisters are watching American Idol downstairs

marlsy 03-19-2003 11:58 AM

yeah gade202, I heard it too!!! I got all excited!!! I told my husband, "see, someone likes Creed!!" He just looks at me like I'm a high school girl with a crush LOL I watch American Idol, I am not ashamed, I admit, I watch american Idol ROFL!!! I am a reality junkie!! My name is Marla and I am a reality junkie!!!!

Mr.CreedFreakTN 03-19-2003 10:49 PM

24 is my favorite show, and then to Hear One Last Breath that was awesome.

hotforscott 03-20-2003 09:47 AM

That is awesome. I have never seen the show, but I may have to check it out since everyone likes it so much.

TeriB19 03-20-2003 11:22 AM

Oh Carrie it's an awesome, edge of your seat, good old fashioned exciting television sort of show. This is how all tv shows should be on a weekly basis. You have a cliffhanger at the end of each show!!

hotforscott 03-20-2003 11:54 AM

Thanks, I will watch it. I like shows like that.

Sheila63 03-20-2003 11:55 AM

It sounds excellent!! I love shows that have a cliffhanger. I've been meaning to check it out because a friend at work told me about it too. It's her favorite show. I'll definitely check it out next week. That's really cool that they used OLB during their commercial. Go Creed!!:crest: :crest:

TeriB19 03-20-2003 12:02 PM

We watched it when it first aired last season and it was full of really cool twists and turns that nobody would expect. And when I heard it was coming back I thought, they'll never be able to make it as good or as exciting or have the same energy as the first season, but this is even better than last year. If you watch it, please give us your review!

s.floridagirl 03-20-2003 01:12 PM

I never saw the show but I'll continue to watch their promos!!

velocityidp 03-20-2003 10:22 PM

Hey, yeah I have to admit that I watched American Idol too... I'm a 23-yr old male, and yeah, I admit it.

I used to make fun of the show for being so incredibly superficial (it still is), but some of the singers are genuinely talented.

But anyway, I was watching that 24 promo and all of a sudden OLB breaks out. I don't know, there was just someting about it that really struck a chord in me... perhaps it was the timing, or perhaps it was just the music, but it had an unexpectedly potent emotional effect.

JulieCitySlicker 03-21-2003 10:03 PM

Hey, I heard it to:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Rock On:bounce:

Bridge of Clay 03-22-2003 06:39 PM

cool!

although CSI and Smallville´s soundtracks are the best ones, imho!

gade202 03-23-2003 12:47 AM

24 doesn't use anything but original composed music which is why it was so cool to see OLB used in the promo. If they just used mainstream stuff, it wouldn't be so surprising to hear Creed in the promo but considering they've never used anything mainstream for anything 24 related, Creed should be honored!