CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I Need Some Advice/encouragement! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5010)

JulieCitySlicker 11-23-2003 07:07 PM

I've been thinking about my biological family. My mom would be about 48 years old now! She had me when she was 23 years old and I'm 25 now! I'm really thinking about trying to find my biological mom but I'm really kinda scared of what I'll find out I just know I should try to because I know I don't want her to die or anything and me to never get to meet her and find out all the things I've always wanted to know I don't know what to do or where to start :thud:

TeriB19 11-23-2003 07:21 PM

Julie, there are probably thousands of agencies out there to help you in finding your biological family. But it will cost you. I'd do a search of the net for different reputable agencies, contact them and see if it would be financially feasible for you at this point. I wish you the best of luck.

JulieCitySlicker 11-23-2003 07:24 PM

Thanks Teri :)
I know of an agency , I think its called Big Hugs and its supposed to not be that expensive and 1-800-US Search. I have just never got up the courage to try them :(

TeriB19 11-23-2003 07:35 PM

Well, Julie, we're here for you to give you the encouragement you need. If this is truly what you want then follow your heart. Have you talked with your family about this? There are so many different things to consider when thinking about doing this.

Sheila63 11-23-2003 08:13 PM

Teri is right, Julie. We're here for you to help and support you. You need to do what feels right for you. I wish you all of the best. :hugs: {{{{HUGS}}}}

Dogstar 11-23-2003 08:25 PM

Same here, Julie. In the end, you have to do what's in your heart. If that's what you really want, you should do it. It's a big decision and there is much to consider, but it's your decision. :hugs:!!!

marlsy 11-23-2003 10:09 PM

Go for it Julie!! You should at least try, you don't want to have regrets later in life that you didn't try to find her. Just keep in mind, it's not always a happy meeting........ It might not be what you want it to be, you never know the situation. But it might give you some closure of wondering all you life! Remember, were here for you!

JenRN 11-23-2003 11:46 PM

I agree, follow your heart! I have friends that are adopted and they had a lot of closure and peace after finding thier biological families. You can find out lots of info, like health info etc.. plus maybe she would be willing to talk to you about other things as well. Give it a try, we are here for you! :)

JulieCitySlicker 11-24-2003 12:22 AM

Thank you all so much:*HUGS* I know that these reunions aren't always happy, that is why I've put it off for so long :( I have seen the stories of adopted kids finding their birth parents only to find out that they weren't really wanted or that their parents tell them that they were a mistake, I don't think I could handle hearing anything like that on top of the feeling of rejection that I already have from it. I think I have a right to know regardless of what the circumstances were. I guess I just need to put my fears and pride aside and do it! I really want to know , and to know my medicval history and family background. Not knowing anything medical wise in genetics or anything is scary :eek:

SCOTTSMYMAN 11-24-2003 08:23 AM

I think you should go for it! I had a friend who did it and now her and her mom are together all the time! Good things do happen! As everyone has said before me we are all here for your support Julie! :hugs: No matter how it goes it might help give you the closure you might need! Don't be scared be excited that you are adding a new chapter in your life and might now have even more family to love!!! :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker 11-24-2003 11:52 AM

Thank you Kris for the words of encouragement :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Siana 11-30-2003 10:52 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-JulieLovesCreed+11-24-2003 12:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JulieLovesCreed @ 11-24-2003 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've been thinking about my biological family. My mom would be about 48 years old now! She had me when she was 23 years old and I'm 25 now! I'm really thinking about trying to find my biological mom but I'm really kinda scared of what I'll find out I just know I should try to because I know I don't want her to die or anything and me to never get to meet her and find out all the things I've always wanted to know I don't know what to do or where to start :thud: [/b][/quote]
i can uderstand ur fears and anxiety,but u got my support,i kow u'll take the right desicion,just u need some time to think what u should do first.and everything will be fine!

GoodGodGirl23 11-30-2003 08:05 PM

I'm behind you to Julie my friend, whatever you decide to do. ;)

JulieCitySlicker 11-30-2003 09:01 PM

Thanks Suzie :D