CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alter Bridge Interview in Guitarist Magazine (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8567)

Higher_Desire 01-31-2005 10:32 PM

Hrrrmmmm... Not sure if I like that Kurt Cobain quote... :peoplesey

Good read. Just an FYI for ya Steve, a word is mispelled in the second paragraph. It says "He's talking about the final fays of his previous band, Creed,"

H-D :pimp:

Steve 01-31-2005 11:15 PM

Thanks.

aussiecreeder 02-01-2005 04:35 AM

good point about learning the guitar there are easier instruments to learn for sure. whether stapp really wanted to learn i guess is the question.......

titan9 02-01-2005 09:07 AM

Yeah, like keyboard.(what I started out on):D It's a heckuva lot easier to learn songs on that then on guitar. Plus, I'd imagine if Stapp was playing guitar during the concerts, that'd be pretty restrictive. He likes to move around, and if he played guitar on stage, he wouldn't be able to move around as much. But I kinda doubt he really wanted to learn. I think he's content with just being a singer/lyricist.

DekWannaBFlea 02-01-2005 10:16 AM

Scott started to play a little guitar during the weathered tour didn't he? Cause i have a live version of Stand here with me and he has a U.S. flag colored guitar.

cariocawlad 02-01-2005 10:39 AM

Now we know why Mark is more creative and happy in Alter Bridge than Creed days... Scott didn't like guitar solos... this is sad. Creed could been more and more bigger than that. Can you imagine?

Agent D 02-01-2005 11:39 AM

Scott did indeed attempt to play guitar on tour. He donned one during the conert at Hershey Stadium during the Weathered tour when they peformed Stand Here With Me. It didn't really work though and Scott was kinda restricted. He couldn't master the art of playing and singing at the same time. He'd strike a chord and then let go of the guitar and grab the mic and sing. Then he'd do a chord again and then sing...and repeat.

But I have to say that at first I thought the Cobain quote was out of line but if you think about it, that is very true. Kurt was a great songwriter but an awful guitarist. Odd though, because other grunge bands had good solos in their songs, like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.

DekWannaBFlea 02-01-2005 12:02 PM

Nirvana is one of the most over rated bands in the history of music. Tremonti wasn't out of line when he said that, because it basically was true for most the ninties, at least for the mainstream music scene.

titan9 02-01-2005 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
It didn't really work though and Scott was kinda restricted. He couldn't master the art of playing and singing at the same time. He'd strike a chord and then let go of the guitar and grab the mic and sing. Then he'd do a chord again and then sing...and repeat.

Which was my point. Singing and playing at the same time is tough. I think he's best off just singing. But if they really needed another guitarist on tour, why didn't they just bring in one? Other bands do that and don't make the fill-ins members of the band.

Bridge of Clay 02-01-2005 03:22 PM

It is. I can't sing and play at the same time.

aussiecreeder 02-01-2005 06:56 PM

Perhaps Creed could have brought a secondary guitarist on tour which bands like Nirvana and Alice in Chains did. Kurt wrote some good songs but as a guitarist he certainly was no Steve Vai. The whole grunge term is very misleading because Nirvana shared little in common with a band such as Pearl Jam. Bands like PJ (Mike McCready), Soundgarden (Kim Thayil), and Alice in Chains (Jerry Cantrall) had very good lead guitarists. Also other bands that came out around that time period like Radiohead (Johnny Greenwood) and Tool (Adam Jones) had/have very good albiet unconventional guitarists.

Soundslave 02-01-2005 08:20 PM

I find it incredible that Rolling Stone named Cobain the 12th greatest guitarist of all time.

aussiecreeder 02-01-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr652
I find it incredible that Rolling Stone named Cobain the 12th greatest guitarist of all time.

that list was crazy...it had members of nirvana, the ramones and the white stripes in it. now i like all three of those bands but there is no way any of those three guys are in the top 500 guitarists of all time.

tremonti4life04 02-02-2005 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr652

Well, put it this way, he was named that because he could roll around stage, whacked out on heroine, and still play rythms that sounded like his songs. I found it even more amazing that Rolling Stone said that Jimi Hendrix wasn number 1. Rolling Stone doesnt base their judgments on skill, otherwise they would have known that Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes, Yngwie Malmsteen, JASON BECKER, MICHEAL ANGELO BATIO, And Mark Tremonti are 10 times better guitar players/writers than Hendrix was on his best day. It's sad to see an article like that, but, apparently they also like this new "garage rock" type of stuff, so they cant be all that credible. lol

aussiecreeder 02-02-2005 01:32 AM

Tremonti better than Hendrix? I was with you for most of that post but after that..........all respect to Mark but come on.