CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Forget September!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9301)

Ana4Stapp 06-20-2005 10:47 AM

Forget September!!!!

Got it on PBF site:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...061701753.html

And yes, this is a very long article and tell us about Diana Meltzer and Wind Up, but the most intersting part its here:

"The moves come amid a shifting radio landscape and as Evanescence and former Creed frontman Scott Stapp, the label's most bankable stars, find themselves at a crossroads. Both acts are tentatively set to release albums in November that will mark new creative directions in the wake of Stapp's split with Creed and Moody's exit from Evanescence"

November??? Wasnt it scheduled to release in August or September ?

After this I really dont know...what's going on??? And what about you guys??? Is Stapp really going to release his cd this year??? :confused:

Dogstar 06-20-2005 12:59 PM

Well, I hope the writer's wrong about the November release, but something tells me he's not. That was an interesting read. I wonder how long before they sell out to one of the big corporate conglomerates.

There hasn't been an official release date for Stapp's record that I can recall, just a general time, like August.

titan9 06-20-2005 02:13 PM

*sigh* Another delay, apparently. Of course, the writer could be wrong, but something tells me he is not. I'm starting to get used to the delays, sadly. I hope this CD is still going to come out in August or September, but if it comes out in November, so be it. I'll still buy it.

uncertaindrumer 06-20-2005 04:48 PM

Wow. Making fun of Stapp contnues to get easier.

lol

Although one minor point; Is Stapp REALLY still marketable? I mean everyone I know hates him, and everyone I have ALWAYS known hates him--minus a few people I have met on CF. Sure there are the teenage girls who were always what he relied on, but hasn't that fanbase grown UP in the time since he has put anything out? Why would a new set of them suddenly like him? Or even know about him? For instance, my sister was about 14-18 while Creed was huge and she loved him--not she didn't even know Stapp was MAKING a solo CD.

Just curious. I really don't see how he is still marketable. But oh well, time will tell.

titan9 06-20-2005 05:36 PM

You know, you've brought up a good point there. He'll always have the die hard fans and the fans that really respect him as a vocalist and lyricist. The question is: how many of those fans are out there? If he's got a lot of those fans, Wind-Up has nothing to worry about. But if he doesn't....well, Stapp's gonna have to come out with something really good. Not just good by a Creed fan's standards, not just good by a Stapp fan's standards, but something really good by a critic's standards. Alter Bridge came out with a CD that won over some people who hated Creed. They came out with a CD that won over people who didn't care for Creed. Can Stapp do the same thing? I think he can, but it really depends on how creative he is with his solo CD(s). He can't just copy off of the Creed sound; he can't copy off another artist. He needs to find his own sound and be creative, vocally, musically and lyrically. Will there be those annoying 14-year-old teeny boppers who enjoy Stapp? Of course. A lot of artists that are successful commercially have those teeny boppers. Doesn't make them any less talented, unless they really aren't talented in the first place. It should be interesting to see what happens. I still think Stapp will sell more copies of his first solo CD than Alter Bridge did with their debut. That doesn't necessarily make him more successful or better, though.

Ana4Stapp 06-20-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

I still think Stapp will sell more copies of his first solo CD than Alter Bridge did with their debut

Yeah, titan I think you are right! Well, I hope he can do his best. ;) But the delays are getting me mad. :rolleyes:

TeriB19 06-20-2005 07:21 PM

How much do you want to bet it will be pushed back to January? I don't see it coming in time for Christmas. Is it ok for us to be upset about this or will we be bashing again?

Bridge of Clay 06-20-2005 09:55 PM

first "speculation" date was February if I recall. then August... then September... now November...

maybe the first one was right... it's February! Feb 2006!

Ana4Stapp 06-20-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
first "speculation" date was February if I recall. then August... then September... now November...

maybe the first one was right... it's February! Feb 2006!

Marcos, you are the best,man!!!
:headbang: :banghead: :laugh::lolsign: :laugh: :laugh:

TeriB19 06-20-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
it's February! Feb 2006!

That's exactly it!!! Marcos, you is a geeeeenius.

titan9 06-20-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
How much do you want to bet it will be pushed back to January? I don't see it coming in time for Christmas. Is it ok for us to be upset about this or will we be bashing again?

Hey, I think it's perfectly acceptable to be angry about all of the delays. I'm even a bit annoyed. I hate the fact that a month keeps being announced and then, later on, we come to find out that the CD has been delayed again.

tremonti4life04 06-20-2005 11:13 PM

my son will be 90 years old before stapp puts out an album

Dogstar 06-21-2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19

I agree. I don't think it's coming out at all this year. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it ever will. I still think he has a lot of marketability left, if he gets it out soon. My hairdresser is a huge Creed fan, but she's really not a big rock fan. She LOVES Scott's voice, though, and she has said she'd buy anything he put out. I think there are a lot of fans like that. Some people didn't become Creed fans until Weathered, which was the lightest of the three CDs. I think the fans who really like that CD the best will buy his stuff.

ctfan 06-21-2005 01:49 AM

I'm not gonna bash or slam Stapp, or anyone else connected to his cd for the delay. I'm sure there is a good reason. I just know I'll buy it when it comes out. :)

tremonti4life04 06-21-2005 09:51 AM

I wasnt bashing him, i was being a realist.