CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed makes to the TOP 100 all time songs + Hide released as single (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3878)

Bridge of Clay 07-26-2003 11:00 PM

Creed makes to the TOP 100 all time songs + Hide released as single

My Sacrifice was one of the TOP 100 all-time best rock songs from a poll made with the listeners of a local radio. The contest also included Brazilian Bands.

MS was the 93rd...

I´d put the list but I lost it... I think the winner was Stairway to Heaven, but I´m not sure...

This week, Hide was also released as a single here. If I get a copy (I´m sure I will :rolleyes: ) I´d send it for some of you...

Hmm... DSD and Hide... no wonder people call creed pop. :(

hotforscott 07-26-2003 11:43 PM

I have an Australian Hide single that I got off ebay awhile back. I think it's strange how they can release something as a single in some countries and not others and then also as far apart as they did. I wish they would release it here. I would like to hear it on the radio. The Edge 100.3 plays Creed tons and I love that because they play ALL the singles. I mean I only work 5 hours a day and I probably here Creed 4 times and they are always different songs, but it would be nice to add something new into the radio mix. I love that radio station.

Bridge of Clay 07-26-2003 11:48 PM

They set a deal with Sony Music. Sony is their distribuiter (sp?) for the rest of the world (and label), since Wind-Up is not that big.

So, pretty much, Sony is the one who decides what´s gonna be their next single. And unfortunately, Sony didn´t release Bullets, but released Hide, now. :( Making Creed look pop :mad:

Although, a good thing might come out of this: they may release a video for Hide, with live footage. Not sure if Creed would authorize...

I e-mailed radios asking for weathered, but I got no response.

facelessman 07-27-2003 02:29 AM

hmmm...was MS the only creed song on the countdown

velocityidp 07-27-2003 02:39 AM

DSD and hide? Argh... I really really fear that Creed is turning into a poprock band. Weathered raised a bunch of red flags in my head. I guess we'll know for sure when their next album comes.

Here's to the hope that they go back to hard rock.

Sheila63 07-27-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
I have an Australian Hide single that I got off ebay awhile back. I think it's strange how they can release something as a single in some countries and not others and then also as far apart as they did. I wish they would release it here. I would like to hear it on the radio. The Edge 100.3 plays Creed tons and I love that because they play ALL the singles. I mean I only work 5 hours a day and I probably here Creed 4 times and they are always different songs, but it would be nice to add something new into the radio mix. I love that radio station.

I wish we had a great radio station like that here in CT, Carrie. There's one station that plays them quite a bit but I've never heard any of their singles from MOP or What If on the radio here. They usually play OLB, My Sacrifice, WAWO and Higher which I love but I'd love to hear some other their other songs too.

Rune 07-27-2003 01:17 PM

lol creed is not going poprock velocity, 85% of weathered is rock/hard rock, i do remember them saying they'd be doing something harder on the next album (i think, not sure).

Anyways, creed is evolving, they're not going to go to pop i can assure you (do you honestly think tremonti would stay in creed if they started playing pop? come on, he's a metal head lol). Just go with it, i'm sure the next album will be awesome.

Bridge of Clay 07-27-2003 02:37 PM

stapp said that on creedink #1, rune

ZION1010 07-27-2003 02:53 PM

Man is indeed a misconception thats why My father said put your trust in know man Trust the lord thy god with all your heart n soul and lead not on your own Understanding AND NO MAN CAN REACH THE FATHER EXCEPT THERW ME PRAYERS CAN keep you but onley the lord your god can save you........

velocityidp 07-27-2003 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZION1010
Man is indeed a misconception thats why My father said put your trust in know man Trust the lord thy god with all your heart n soul and lead not on your own Understanding  AND NO MAN CAN REACH THE FATHER EXCEPT THERW ME  PRAYERS CAN keep you but onley the lord your god can save you........

What in the heck does that have to do with anything?

benkenobi 07-27-2003 03:50 PM

What??? Hide is a great song!!! In fact, Bullets didn't do to well where I live here in the states as a single. That's radio for you. :mad:

But I mean I can't believe they're releasing a new single this long after the last one.

velocityidp 07-27-2003 04:04 PM

Hide is a very nice song, but it's not hard rock, just like DSD.

I just see Creed "getting soft" in a corny kind of way. I hope that trend doesn't continue on to the next album.

hotforscott 07-27-2003 05:21 PM

Sheila, I hear Torn and What if on a daily basis, so it's awesome when they switch it up. Maybe if you call and request them you can get them to play them. This radio station that I listen to is fairly new and I am so glad because all of the "Current Hit" stations are bombarded with RAP and I cannot stand it.

Sheila63 07-27-2003 05:27 PM

That's a good suggestion, Carrie. Thanks.:D I know what you mean, I listen to my cds both in the car and at work these days. I get frustrated with the talk, commercials and the same songs all the time on most radio stations.

Unforgiven Fan 07-27-2003 07:24 PM

Creed is losing touch, not to bash them, I am still a fan but Weathered seemed to appeal to the pop side more than the rock side