CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   does he really need all those creed songs? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10669)

eusebioCBR 03-11-2006 10:08 PM

Re: does he really need all those creed songs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
IMO, Scott should not play them unless Mark was playing (espesially My Own Prison {how dare that guitarist sing mark's part}), those songs were written by those two and having gone blind playing them does not seem right and frankly they do not do a good job even for two guitarists (or I am so use to mark playing them)...but scott can play whatever he wants and I think some fans would like to hear them but for me it has to be scott and mark playing them not just scott

:clap:

ABYanks 03-11-2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
:clap:

:mad1: :mad:

Rocketqueen 03-11-2006 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
does he really need to play all of those creed songs on tour? doesent he have enough solo songs? he's got 11(counting relearn love, which he doesent play for some reason). if he were to only play his solo songs those concerts would not be as long as the ones were he plays creed songs. what do u think?

Yes i He Should Play The Heck Out Of,em :jam: :jam: :jam:

GregS 03-12-2006 06:36 PM

I dont really mind if he plays them...
Hell i'll enjoy the creed songs & the great divide songs.
I never had the chance to see Creed live so to hear those songs in concert would make my day , heck it may not be Creed but Stapp & Goneblind perform them well.

INDIGOSTEVE 03-12-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
He shouldnt play Creed songs...(except by WAWO and Lullaby) he wrote them but they arent HIS songs.

they are his, they don't go to the show? milwaukee rocked!

Chase 03-12-2006 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
IMO, Scott should not play them unless Mark was playing (espesially My Own Prison {how dare that guitarist sing mark's part}), those songs were written by those two and having gone blind playing them does not seem right and frankly they do not do a good job even for two guitarists (or I am so use to mark playing them)...but scott can play whatever he wants and I think some fans would like to hear them but for me it has to be scott and mark playing them not just scott

How dare Chris Cornell sing Zach de la Rocha's lyrics in "Killing in the Name Of" while performing with Audioslave?

Ana4Stapp 03-12-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
they are his, they don't go to the show? milwaukee rocked!

They are Creed songs...not Stapp's songs ;)

Chase 03-13-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
They are Creed songs...not Stapp's songs ;)

He has every legal right to play the songs. What do you suggest? Him play a quick 30 minute, 10 song set?

Creed7352 03-13-2006 01:54 AM

his album is longer than 30 minutes...he could play his entire album, THEN worry about doing the creed stuff. he could also throw in other covers...he does doors song pretty good. plus, with all the talking he does now, he could stretch it a bit. i think a good mix would be all of the TGD album and 4 creed songs (i'd prefer other cover songs as opposed to creed songs, but if he's going to play creed songs, i think 4 would fit just fine)...i want to hear "you will soar" live and he's not playing that one..."broken" as well.

INDIGOSTEVE 03-13-2006 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
his album is longer than 30 minutes...he could play his entire album, THEN worry about doing the creed stuff. he could also throw in other covers...he does doors song pretty good. plus, with all the talking he does now, he could stretch it a bit. i think a good mix would be all of the TGD album and 4 creed songs (i'd prefer other cover songs as opposed to creed songs, but if he's going to play creed songs, i think 4 would fit just fine)...i want to hear "you will soar" live and he's not playing that one..."broken" as well.

they aren't cover songs he wrote them.

creedlvr 03-13-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
they aren't cover songs he wrote them.

Exactly!

And why would he choose to perform songs that were written and sung by another band instead of singing the ones that he wrote ... about his own life ... that were originally performed by him?

Ana4Stapp 03-13-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352

Really? I cant understand this...considering they are in his album...I think he should sing them all ...instead od singing Cree songs...

Ana4Stapp 03-13-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
He has every legal right to play the songs. What do you suggest? Him play a quick 30 minute, 10 song set?

Legal right like Tremonti, Flip and Brian also have...but you dont see them playing these songs just because of this ...they never played Creed song and dont plan in doing this because they want to be known by Alter Bridge music, even though this means they choose the hard way: they arent so famous, dont sell zillions of albums...but instead of it they are definitely making very good songs showing their talent... but it seems the opposite with Stapp...he prefers to continue to be known by the ex-Creed vocalist Scott Stapp...:eek:

eusebioCBR 03-13-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase

I've seen AB provide a couple hours of music without any CREED songs. It can be done.

creedlvr 03-13-2006 10:43 AM

AB doesn't sing them because they couldn't pull them off ... nobody wants to hear Creed songs performed without Scott. He's the voice that makes them what they are.