CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Alter Bridge Interview in Guitarist Magazine (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8567)

Steve 01-31-2005 12:30 PM

Alter Bridge Interview in Guitarist Magazine

Check it out:

http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/medi...itarist-mag/?1

thanks to Dan @ AlterBridgeBand.net

Torn Daredevil 01-31-2005 12:36 PM

Thanks!

What an awesome read! That made me happy. :D

titan9 01-31-2005 12:52 PM

Yup, thanks for posting that. Pretty good read.

RMadd 01-31-2005 02:17 PM

awesome article! I especially like the little bit about the soloing.

"Oh yeah, definitely. In Creed whenever I tried to solo, Scott would have to make fun of me for being too eighties. It would always piss me off because the more flashy I got on the guitar, the more he would downplay it. But those days are over with. Before you know it, I'll be doing the eight-finger tapping."

"Kurt Cobain may have killed the guitar solo but we're going to do our best to bring it back," nods Kennedy.

and

"And we've got a drummer who can breakdance," adds Myles helpfully. Now that, Guitarist would love to see. But things are already good enough: Creed may still cast a long shadow but for now, under the Alter Bridge, Mark Tremonti is having fun and enjoying his music again.

DekWannaBFlea 01-31-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
awesome article! I especially like the little bit about the soloing.

"Oh yeah, definitely. In Creed whenever I tried to solo, Scott would have to make fun of me for being too eighties. It would always piss me off because the more flashy I got on the guitar, the more he would downplay it. But those days are over with. Before you know it, I'll be doing the eight-finger tapping."

"Kurt Cobain may have killed the guitar solo but we're going to do our best to bring it back," nods Kennedy.

and

"And we've got a drummer who can breakdance," adds Myles helpfully. Now that, Guitarist would love to see. But things are already good enough: Creed may still cast a long shadow but for now, under the Alter Bridge, Mark Tremonti is having fun and enjoying his music again.

So Scott did hold them back, just like i siad so many times....whatever

Any way that was one of the best articles i have read on them, thanks for the post.

The Lithium 01-31-2005 03:58 PM

Haha, go Myles - he's funny :D

Chase 01-31-2005 04:24 PM

Awesome article... Alter Bridge gives Mark the ability to be himself. Creed was all Stapp and Alter Bridge is all Mark.

Agent D 01-31-2005 06:01 PM

I really would like to see Flip breakdance. I think that'd be amusing.

HigherGirl 01-31-2005 07:01 PM

Great article Steve!!
Thanks!! :clap:

aussiecreeder 01-31-2005 07:09 PM

cool article and the bit about trying to teach scott guitar was interesting.

titan9 01-31-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
cool article and the bit about trying to teach scott guitar was interesting.

My thoughts exactly. Can you imagine having Mark as a teacher? That'd be awesome, imo.

Bridge of Clay 01-31-2005 08:16 PM

dude... if Mark was my teacher, I'd work my ass off to learn everything... I'd even quit school just so I could have more time to practice. lol!

I wouldn't want to make ugly in front of him.

That's one of the best articles. That Cobain quote... awesome!

aussiecreeder 01-31-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
dude... if Mark was my teacher, I'd work my ass off to learn everything... I'd even quit school just so I could have more time to practice. lol!

Maybe guitar just isn't Scott's thing and I agree the Cobain quote is priceless.

RMadd 01-31-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
Maybe guitar just isn't Scott's thing and I agree the Cobain quote is priceless.

after all, you can't teach an old dog new tricks... esp if he's dead-set against it (maybe i'm the only one under the impression he didn't try too much lol)
as for Cobain, it looks like perhaps I'm not the only one who thought Nirvana was hugely overrated. They're music's alright, and I have a fair number of their songs. But I'm by no means a big fan and definitely won't be buying that new box set of theirs, despite any rave reviews it may receive. Grunge killed rock & roll (and post-grunge and nu metal just stomp all over its grave lol)

titan9 01-31-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

Yeah, I agree. Mark's my favorite guitarist(and really my inspiration for taking up the guitar) and he'd be an awesome teacher. Though I would be nervous about messing up.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
after all, you can't teach an old dog new tricks... esp if he's dead-set against it (maybe i'm the only one under the impression he didn't try too much lol)

Perhaps, but guitar is a very tough thing at first. I'm a beginner(took it up in December of 2004) and had a very tough time at first, just getting used to the fret board and all. Needless to say, it is alot tougher than it looks. ;)