CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sick Of IT? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8282)

EvenStream 12-28-2004 06:15 PM

Sick Of IT?

Anyone else sick of people giving Stapp a hard time now, but when he was in Creed they said he was God?, I don't mind the ones who say they won't like his solo stuff because if your do ya do and if ya don't ya don't but to badmouth his look and stuff like that now Creed's over just SUCKS!

:shoot: :killtard:

Bridge of Clay 12-28-2004 06:57 PM

yeah, that's bs. I agree with you.

Agent D 12-28-2004 07:25 PM

Ditto. I am tired of Stapp bashing. Of course, some actual news would be nice as well.

titan9 12-28-2004 09:13 PM

I'm sick of it, but I'm also used to seeing Stapp bashed. It's been happening since Creed got big. It doesn't change my opinion of him, though. I agree with you, it's wrong how people have just turned on him since he went solo and the break up happened.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 12-28-2004 11:51 PM

I know I'm going to get bashed for this, so here goes if Mark wrote the majority of Creed's songs, then how come Scott can get away singing them on tv or radio interviews?

Agent D 12-29-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
I know I'm going to get bashed for this, so here goes if Mark wrote the majority of Creed's songs, then how come Scott can get away singing them on tv or radio interviews?

Because they shared the credit and now there's nothing to do about it. Besides, no one knows for a fact that Mark wrote the majority of the songs. Hell, the very word majority may mean something different for everyone.

Dogstar 12-29-2004 12:57 AM

Good Lord, don't we have ENOUGH threads on this already? :rolleyes:

aussiecreeder 12-29-2004 01:02 AM

well i think many of us spent time defending the man and those same people have now had their eyes opened and some of them really don't like the man at all anymore. is it a bit overblown? perhaps so...it it surprising? no

bobben 12-29-2004 06:57 AM

Go Scott!! :stappchic

Agent D 12-29-2004 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Good Lord, don't we have ENOUGH threads on this already? :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree, Dogstar. Pity there isn't really anything else to talk about in this forum.

titan9 12-29-2004 01:24 PM

Well, if Wind Up would ever get off their fat butts and give us some updates on Stapp's site, perhaps we'd have something else to talk about? Seriously though, his site has said "full site coming soon" since like July. When is that full site gonna be made? It didn't take'em this long to give Alter Bridge a full site. Even I could get a full site up in about three days. So what's taking'em so long? If his album is supposed to come out in February/March(that's what he was saying in interviews) then where are the updates about how it's going? Where are the audio clips? I'm beginning to get impatient.:D

Ann Allusion 12-29-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

i think many of us spent time defending the man and those same people have now had their eyes opened and some of them really don't like the man at all anymore.

and i have to take this comment as speaking for yourself...because there are still those of us that believe that stapp has a lot more to offer and we haven't decided he is some kind of "persona non grata" that deserves to be treated like many of the former Creed fans have chosen to.

i believe he has so much more to offer than people are giving him credit for.

fly1853 12-29-2004 03:21 PM

Maybe things would move along quicker if he didn't have to worry about what people thought about him all the time (bashers and fans alike). He knows what people are saying about him and probably has to work harder than the other guys, who didn't start out with an asshole reputation.

Steve 12-29-2004 04:32 PM

Irregardless of what you say or think, there's a reason Stapp has the persona he does. I'm not saying Stapp is a good or bad person, but everything the media has shown regarding Stapp has been negative - his divorce, bar fights, Creed and his ego, etc. That's the reason he's got the persona he does.

fly1853 12-29-2004 04:40 PM

Agreed Steve, but you know, he's not all bad and he's not all good. What do you think the reason is that Creed actually made it to the 10 year mark? Everybody's concentrating on why they broke up, but why they stuck it out for as long as they have with Stapp "being the way he is", nobody seems to want to hear. If he was such an ass, why didn't they call it right from the start and tell him "to hell with you"?