CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Any real christians in Alter Bridge? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7630)

Jesusfreak 10-05-2004 03:21 PM

Any real christians in Alter Bridge?

I mean real christians and not just religious people.
Do you know what the band members think?
On the album "Alter Bridge" thanks God, but a lot of artists thank "God" whoever they think this God is...

IsThisTheEnd66 10-05-2004 03:53 PM

i believe mark said hes a christisan now

Bridge of Clay 10-05-2004 04:23 PM

Mark is a Christian who doesn't believe in organized religion, I believe.

IsThisTheEnd66 10-05-2004 06:01 PM

i know he believed that because he can't accept the fact that millions of people will be denied an after life because they don't believe in Jesus.... i don't know if he still believes that

Torn Daredevil 10-06-2004 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsThisTheEnd66
i know he believed that because he can't accept the fact that millions of people will be denied an after life because they don't believe in Jesus.... i don't know if he still believes that

Well if he still believes that, he would not be a Christian... :(

Disillusioned 10-06-2004 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Well if he still believes that, he would not be a Christian... :(

Whoa... :confused: I know that what Mark has previously stated about the after life and Jesus, is not Christian Theology. However, I don't think any of us can proclaim that he is not a Christian...or for all that matters, that he is a Christian. I believe that his relationship with God, and where he stands before God, is ultimately between him and God.

At best, it can be said that Mark has called himself a Christian, and that he has expressed having certain beliefs that do not line up with, and perhaps, even contradict what is taught within Christianity.

Furthermore, people's beliefs change. I just read an interview with Scott Stapp in the Herald Tribune where he point blank says; "Scott Phillips was an antheist, and has since changed."

The Lithium 10-06-2004 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Mark is a Christian who doesn't believe in organized religion, I believe.

Yeah, I think that's right, but he did say that he's a Christian... I think he has pretty much of his own opinion...

Alter Shredder 10-06-2004 07:36 AM

Myles is a christian if i remember right

johellion 10-06-2004 08:02 AM

Brian Marshall is a christian:)

The Lithium 10-06-2004 08:07 AM

Guess it depends on how a "real" Christian is. I bet they're not visiting church every Sunday!!

Bridge of Clay 10-06-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion

Nice! I thought so, after I heard him speaking!

Brian seems one of the best people ever! :)

aussiecreeder 10-06-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion

cool...:)
this is a touchy subject and is a very subjective question. who's view of christianality is correct? can one be a christian if they deny basic biblical principles such as christ being the only saviour and all else are unsaved?

AndrewFromABRox 10-06-2004 10:54 AM

I think Myles is, but i don't think any of the others are.

P.s Maybe Brian is, i don't know anything about him.

The Lithium 10-06-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Brian seems one of the best people ever! :)

He's such a nice guy to talk to!!

crest tattoo 10-06-2004 06:20 PM

I thought this might help answer your question. It's on Alterbridge's home page, under "Band."

8) Question:
Are the band and album spiritual? Did you try to go in a more secular direction? How different will it be lyrically? The album is entitled ONE DAY REMAINS – that seems spiritual.

Flip:
It’s not super spiritual, but the band members are all spiritual. Spirituality will always be a part of who we are but the album’s more about life experiences. You can take from it what you will but it’s not an agenda of ours. There was no difference in opinion between Tremonti and Stapp when it came to the direction of Creed’s message. We’re not trying to be secular or spiritual; we just want to express positivity in our lives.