CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   10/31/2004 - Spokane, WA - Big Easy (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7586)

Steve 09-30-2004 07:40 PM

10/31/2004 - Spokane, WA - Big Easy

Post your reviews here.

Disillusioned 11-01-2004 08:08 PM

Knowing that Spokane, WA. is Myles hometown and that friends and family would be there, I thought it unlikely for any real "chance meeting" with the band, and so we opted to not go early, or to stay late...instead just going for the pure enjoyment of hearing them play live (I didn't even bring a camera). The venue was no-seating, and we ended up on the 2nd level balcony where no alcohol was allowed, center, just behind the front-row who were leaned up against the balcony railing. Being that I'm short and could barely see between the 2 guys in front of me, I conceded that perhaps next time, we should make more of an effort to get there early enough for a better spot. But for this time, I accepted that I would be hearing them (not seeing them) play live. Opening bands -- IMO, 3 opening bands is 3 bands too many for my liking. Yes, you heard me, 3 opening bands. In addition to SubmerseD and Crossfade, there was a group called Milestone, who looked to be still in high school. Apparently, they were granted such an honor due to knowing Mr. Myles Kennedy ;) ...maybe he mentored them :dunno: Funny thing is, Milestone turned out to be a blessing in disguise, for me anyway. Turns out that the people in front of us who were front-row top balcony weren't there to see Alter Bridge. They were family/friends of the kids in Milestone. Toward the end of Crossfade, they left, opening up a place for me...YES! Now I could see :thumbsup:

The hometown crowd was great! When Myles looked at the lower-level front-row, he must have recognized a few faces because he then made a comment about how being back home was a bit like a high school reunion...seeing some folks that he hadn't seen since high school. Highlights -- interestingly, one of the songs that is my least favorite on the album (Metalingus), turned out to be one of my favorites played live. And one of my album favorites (DTML), turned out to be one of my least favorites played live...IMO, Myles didn't sustain (or wasn't able to because of still getting over being sick), the long-winded notes with the same kind of intensity that the album offers on DTML. Also, I have a question about DTML. Myles changed the words in the 2nd verse. Instead of singing "Can't forgive and can't erase," he sang something to the effect, "...? kick your ass". Was this just a spontaneous change in that verse, or has he been singing it differently other places on tour? My 2 favorite songs of the evening were ILM and Shed My Skin. Although I rarely listen to ILM on the album, played live, and acoustic, I was able to let it take me to a different place as I was mesmerized by the lighting effects and Myles beautiful vocals. Shed My Skin was powerful and so heartfelt. The passion in which Myles sang it was breath-taking, and you could feel it from his very being. After singing Shed My Skin, Myles stopped to thank Mark for writing such a beautiful song, and told the audience to give it up for Mark. But then Mark said something to the effect, "Oh No! This is YOUR night, this is YOUR hometown crowd", and then of course the crowd gave it up for Myles :) :cloud9:

Dogstar 11-01-2004 09:07 PM

Great review, Disillusioned. Thanks for sharing. Good for Myles for getting some home cooking!

altered 11-01-2004 09:10 PM

Yeah, I think Instead of saying Down to my last, Myles said kick Marks ass! Thats what I got out of it anyway, pretty funny!

altered 11-02-2004 05:21 PM

review

My short review. Freakin AWSOME! Shed my skin and In Loving Memory were my favorites. Sound was great, light show was great, crowd was great etc. The opening bands were good but A-B blew them out of the water!