CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12661)

Higher_Desire 09-22-2009 07:23 PM

What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

Since you've had to opportunity (or should have anyway) to listen to Rain, what do you think? If you haven't heard it yet, click here.

Personally, I love it! I've been listening to it non-stop. It's an amazing song in the style of classic Creed, but with a bit of a new tonal quality to it.

nthor 09-22-2009 07:57 PM

Re: What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

It sounds like something that should be on a Scott Stapp solo album, wheres the guitar at. This is the weakest creed song ever. When the record was being record I think it was Mike Tremonti said some thing along the line of "This is going to be the heaviest Creed album to date." Well wrong with this one. But this will be the song will being millions of into the creed fan base who have no real passion in music they glamor over one song and have no idea about any of the real music.

skyguy86 09-22-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthor
It sounds like something that should be on a Scott Stapp solo album, wheres the guitar at. This is the weakest creed song ever. When the record was being record I think it was Mick Tremonti said some thing along the line of "This is going to be the heaviest Creed album to date." Well wrong with this one. But this will be the song will being millions of into the creed fan base who have no real passion in music they glamor over one song and have no idea about any of the real music.

who is Mick Tremonti?

nagpo 09-22-2009 08:47 PM

It's sounds like a totally different band. A lot like the other stuff out there already. It is very much a pop song. You may notice that It and Overcome have similar song structure.

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-22-2009 09:00 PM

Its an ok song i guess. You wont see me saying to my friends, "Hey you got to hear this song!!" The song will play on radio stations that I don't listen to, and thats fine. You will not find that song on Rock radio in Houston thats for sure! It is my least favorite out of what I heard so far, "A Thousand Faces" being the best! IMO

nagpo 09-22-2009 09:10 PM

I actually don't like the song. The most generic creed song ever. No originality and it's poorly written, both lyrically and musically.

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-22-2009 09:19 PM

Creeds Rain is equal to Nickelbacks "if today was your last day", songs that belong on the pop charts!

alitea 09-22-2009 09:25 PM

Of course I love the song. It has a real feel good quality to it.

nthor 09-22-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy86
who is Mick Tremonti?

Typo i meant mike

revisfoot 09-22-2009 10:03 PM

1. To nthor - the question still stands -- who the hell is Mike Tremonti?

2. To nagpo - it's amazing how much a producer can influence the sound of a band and their albums. Kurzweig, who had produced all of Creed's albums to this point, produced One Day Remains, a very Creed-like record. The guys went with someone different for Blackbird. And, now, Full Circle, with Howard Benson behind the wheel shows yet another color spectrum in the Creed prism.

3. It IS a pop song, it's true. It's very Goo Goo Dolls-ish (post Superstar Carwash Goo). However, that doesn't make it a bad song. My $0.02 -- I like it. It's got a good tune, a singable chorus, and something that is upbeat. It's proof that this record is going to show us a very different Creed than we heard on the first three albums, and I like the idea of musical growth.

nthor 09-22-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
1. To nthor - the question still stands -- who the hell is Mike Tremonti?

Michael Tremonti is Marks brother

razzroe 09-22-2009 10:29 PM

i liked it. it does way differnt though almost a pop/country feel to it.

King Oropher 09-22-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

It sounds like something that should be on a Scott Stapp solo album, wheres the guitar at. This is the weakest creed song ever. When the record was being record I think it was Mike Tremonti said some thing along the line of "This is going to be the heaviest Creed album to date." Well wrong with this one. But this will be the song will being millions of into the creed fan base who have no real passion in music they glamor over one song and have no idea about any of the real music.

Didn't Mark say that there would be a couple of songs that people would expect from Creed, which I'm guessing would be the pop rock songs but that the rest would be heavy.

Higher_Desire 09-22-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nthor

Although I agree it has a tonal quality of a Scott Stapp solo song, I strongly disagree with your assumption that it will only be liked by those "who have no real passion in music...and have no idea about any of the real music." I've been a diehard Creed fan for near 10 years now since I first heard What If. I've heard every song Creed's ever recorded up to this album including Before I Die. An extremely rare track. I know Creed's music as well as anyone on here and am offended that you would make such a narrow minded and dubious statement.

Creed24 09-23-2009 12:06 AM

Its decent. But for Creed I think it is sub-par.