CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My new game! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1186)

Amish Warlord 01-04-2003 04:31 AM

My new game!

my new signature!

first person to figure it out gets a cookie!

Dogstar 01-04-2003 04:40 AM

Is this it?

Subliminal message to Creed: Write your music on the next album

Amish Warlord 01-04-2003 12:56 PM

*applauds*

Yeah it was easy.. but i was bored last night.. lol

-J

Dogstar 01-04-2003 12:56 PM

:D I love word games.

Xterminator27 01-04-2003 01:19 PM

creed dose right their own music

hayley 01-04-2003 04:55 PM

uhhh

Amish Warlord 01-04-2003 07:40 PM

they might have written half of weathered... but.. no. Weathered is wind-up doing some hit-hunting.

-J

Weathered 01-04-2003 08:21 PM

says who?

Dogstar 01-04-2003 08:39 PM

There's no doubt Wind-Up was looking to cash in on the success of HC and even MOP. I don't know if Wind-Up personally took part in the writing of the songs, but I'm sure there was some move on its part to make it commercially viable/*radio-friendly*. That's what these labels are looking for--big bucks. There do seem to be more radio-friendly songs on Weathered than say, on MOP, even though that one had four top hits. I think Weathered is the fifth or sixth single off this CD...They've had MS, OLB, DSD, Bullets...I think I'm forgetting one...I kind of like it when there's only one or two *radio* songs on a CD and the rest are more album-cut like, where the artist gets to experiment a little more, do something a little different, more solos, longer songs.

Weathered 01-04-2003 08:42 PM

you forgot hide...

Dogstar 01-04-2003 08:46 PM

DOH! I knew I was leaving one out, and I love that song :D!

Bridge of Clay 01-04-2003 08:52 PM

I agree with the idea that weathered is more radio friendly, but I disagree with the rest...

1. stapp and cia. wouldn´t accept something like this...
2. creed is wind-up´s main artist, they wouldn´t "provoke" Creed this way
3. I believe they wrote what they were really feeling, after all, they reached the top and everything was working fine for them.
4. Mark experimented... More technical songs instead of just strumming, more remarkable riffs and stuff.
5. Weathered hasn´t sold as many as HC... so, if what you´re saying is true, next album they gonna get back to their "roots"...
6. IMHO, Weathered is their best album, musically and lyrically (does that word exist???). Not saying it has their best lyric, though, coz I think MOP is the best one...

TeriB19 01-04-2003 09:02 PM

In the credits at the back of the Weathered CD booklet, it says all songs written by Tremonti/Stapp. If anyone else had a hand in any of the writing, wouldn't the record label be required by law to credit that person? I don't disagree with what anyone is saying, I just was always under the impression that you get credit for writing something or you have a lawsuit on your hands.

Dogstar 01-04-2003 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
<b>
1. stapp and cia. wouldn´t accept something like this...
2. creed is wind-up´s main artist, they wouldn´t "provoke" Creed this way

I disagree. This band is pretty business savvy now. They have learned along the way how to play the game. I think the album is more of a compromise. Very few artists get total creative control these days, especially new bands. Look how similar some of today's bands sound: Default, Nickelback, 3DD, Saliva, Seether. Not that they are bad, they just have similar sounds to me.

Quote:

3. I believe they wrote what they were really feeling, after all, they reached the top and everything was working fine for them.

I don't really think the lyrics relfect their being really happy with being at the top. I think they saw it as a mix blessing. I think Hide and Weathered reflect that side of it, along with Bullets and Freedom Fighter.

Quote:

4. Mark experimented... More technical songs instead of just strumming, more remarkable riffs and stuff.
Yes, this may be so, but to me, he didn't really stretch it as far as I think he can. I think he will get even better, though, if they don't give in too much to the business side.

Quote:

5. Weathered hasn´t sold as many as HC... so, if what you´re saying is true, next album they gonna get back to their "roots"...

Weathered's only a year old. HC was out in 1999, yes? I'm not saying they will go back to their roots. I do think that on the whole, most writers write what they feel. I think it may have a darker feel to it. I'm really interested to see what Tremonti will come up with. It's fun to see a talented guitarist progress. He has great potential, IMHO.

Quote:

6. IMHO, Weathered is their best album, musically and lyrically (does that word exist???). Not saying it has their best lyric, though, coz I think MOP is the best one... </b>

For me, MOP is their best musically and lyrically. But that's just my opinion :D. I like darker stuff as a rule, so that's probably why that one appeals to me more.

Dogstar 01-04-2003 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
In the credits at the back of the Weathered CD booklet, it says all songs written by Tremonti/Stapp. If anyone else had a hand in any of the writing, wouldn't the record label be required by law to credit that person? I don't disagree with what anyone is saying, I just was always under the impression that you get credit for writing something or you have a lawsuit on your hands.

Not sure how they would be credited, but many times a record producer also has a say in molding songs.