CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Brand new song - Surround Me! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9753)

Dogstar 10-15-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Yeah... that's true. I can understand your doubts. However, Eddie Vedder doesn't have his same voice... neither does Chris Cornell. Singers age... some more rapidly than others. We'll just have to see what happens.

Yes, but Eddie and Chris Cornell are 40 and 41. Stapp is 33. He hasn't learned how to preserve it.

uncertaindrumer 10-15-2005 11:55 PM

Hmmm... Cornell is definitely not what he used to be but he is still quite something indeed...

Dogstar 10-16-2005 12:04 AM

Vedder is, too, despite his advancing years. I just saw them two weeks ago, and Eddie sounded great. He rarely sings off-key. His voice might crack here and there, but for the most part, he's been on every time I have seen him.

The Lithium 10-16-2005 05:43 AM

Quote:

I don't think it's that bad at all. Like Titan said... being sick is a factor...

Oh please, he can't sing the song! I don't blame him for singing bad when he's sick, but it doesn't sound good.

Quote:

but let's all wait until November 22nd and THEN make our final critiques.

Oh yes and oh now. I've always loved Scott's voice on the albums, but when he sings live he's just not as good anymore. It's easier to sing good in a studio than live. In a studio you sing the song about 8-10 times, then the producer take the best verse and match it together with the best chours etc.

Quote:

Hearing My Sacrifice does make me miss Creed.

Which is another reason he shouldn't play the song!...

GregS 10-16-2005 09:22 AM

God that song was horrible... Though the sound quality is crap..

The Lithium 10-16-2005 11:35 AM

Scott's voice is crap! I think the song is pretty good.

GregS 10-16-2005 11:53 AM

Ye his voice sounded bad.. but so did the song..

Trimontana 10-16-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
Ye his voice sounded bad.. but so did the song..

Oh man, i love your posts :D I'm bad,lol

The Lithium 10-16-2005 12:51 PM

Hahahah, we all are! ;)

GregS 10-16-2005 01:03 PM

Lol. Ye well iam a Stapp fan of course but so far he hasent seemed 2 impress me or many of you. I mean i like the great divide song but not the video and Surround me. Lets just pray the album isnt going to be a flop.

Trimontana 10-16-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Lol. Ye well iam a Stapp fan of course but so far he hasent seemed 2 impress me or many of you. I mean i like the great divide song but not the video and Surround me. Lets just pray the album isnt going to be a flop.

The difference is that i am not a Stapp fan :cool:
But i really wish that if you buy his album the money spend on it will be really worth it *coughABROCKScough*

Chase 10-16-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Oh my young Scottish friend... just wait and see. I don't think it will eclipse any of Creed's efforts, but I wouldn't be surprised if its more succesful than Alter Bridge's debut album. If an album is good, but doesn't sell well... I don't view it as a flop. "One Day Remains" was good, but not a breakout album really. Which is sad.

Ana4Stapp 10-16-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yes, but Eddie and Chris Cornell are 40 and 41. Stapp is 33. He hasn't learned how to preserve it.

Not intending to add 'fire' on it :D ... but waht about Myles? How old is he?

Bridge of Clay 10-16-2005 03:09 PM

yeah, but Cornell's voice improved a lot between Audioslave albuns and there's a reason for that: he quit smoking. Stapp should quit chewing tobacco.

titan9 10-16-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
yeah, but Cornell's voice improved a lot between Audioslave albuns and there's a reason for that: he quit smoking. Stapp should quit chewing tobacco.

Stapp chews tobacco? Didn't know that. I agree, he does need to quit chewing tobacco, not only to hopefully help his vocal cords, but also to reduce his chances of getting lung cancer.

Ana, I believe Myles is 36 or 37, but I am not positive on that.