CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Fans By City (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone know anything at all about NZ? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=40)

hayley 09-24-2002 06:46 PM

Anyone know anything at all about NZ?

I'm just wondering, does anybody here know anything at all about my wonderful country, ;) New Zealand???

TeriB19 09-24-2002 10:16 PM

Um, you live there. Isn't that the only important thing about NZ?:)

hayley 09-24-2002 11:08 PM

ha ha...i'm just wondering.;)

Dogstar 09-25-2002 12:23 PM

Well, I don't know tons about it except where it is on the globe and that it's beautiful. I once dated a guy who was an exchange student and spent a year in Christchurch (sp?). (We met after he came back.) He showed me unbelievable pictures of mountains and scenery that took my breath away.

hayley 09-25-2002 06:54 PM

oh yeah, Christurch is pretty...

Altair 09-25-2002 08:41 PM

Well, I've read that there is/was quite a division between the whites and the Maori. Something about the Maori becoming the poor, shit-on, people of the country.

I also know that the main island, I think it's the big one, has some great mountainous geography/scenery. I love that kind of country and hope to visit someday.

hayley 09-25-2002 10:28 PM

yes, we have huge mountians, mountans, and valleys, that's why wer'e called clean green New Zealand.

yes, there is alot of history here about the Maori and the Pakeha (white people) cause the Maori's were the first people to this land, then the Europeons came, and first we (Europeons) were treated like dirt, becaue the Maori's didn't accepct that we were here, and didn't like that we were here, but now every thing has changed, the Maori's are now not the leaders of this land, the Europens are.

yep, there's two islands, the North Island and the South Island, i live in the North Island, but if you do ever come here, make sure you come to the South Island, that is where all the beautiful mountians/gulleys/valleys/snow is. It is absoulutley beautiful down there, i totally reccomend it.

and we have lots of native birds, too. The Kiwi is one of our most famous ones.

But you just have to come down here.:)

faceless kiwi 09-29-2002 06:13 PM

Yep addicted2stapp is right, our country rocks!
I live in the north island also.
But I'm going down to the south island, (christchurch) in november for a holiday. It's gonna be cool.

hayley 09-29-2002 06:59 PM

YAYE FOR NZ!!;)
wow, faceless, that's gonna be cool, specilly this time of the year.

faceless kiwi 10-01-2002 07:02 PM

NZ rules!

Dogstar 10-01-2002 07:36 PM

NZ is definitely on my list of places to go someday! The pictures I saw of the country were stunning. I have to save my pennies!

hayley 10-01-2002 07:37 PM

u got that right...especilly when ur NZ leage team makes it INTO THE GRAND FINAL!!! ha ha...u know what i'm talking about, don't ya faceless??;)

faceless kiwi 10-01-2002 08:36 PM

GO THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're marching as one, on the road to the holy grail.

hayley 10-01-2002 11:17 PM

WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

faceless kiwi 10-02-2002 12:10 AM

WARRIORSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

:party: