CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   speaking in tongues-saved? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11781)

creedmarine81 09-14-2007 05:38 PM

speaking in tongues-saved?

do you have to speak in tongues to be saved......... i go to an apostalic church that in a sense teaches the tongues is the holy ghost and without it you are not saved until this action happens... please help me im in dissarray and confusion...... any guidance/???

Scorpion King 09-14-2007 07:27 PM

Re: speaking in tongues-saved?

I'm not sure if I've heard that theory before. From my understanding, faith in Jesus is all that's needed to be saved. Of course, in heaven, language as we know it will cease to exist, and the various heavenly will communicate in some radically different form of language. But I don't think that on Earth, you have to have the Holy Spirit come down and make you suddenly start talking in a language different than your own for some reason or another in order to be saved. Beyond biblical stories, I've heard stories of people claiming that this has happened to them. But I don't think that it is a pre-requisite for getting into heaven.

HeavenBesideYou 09-14-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedmarine81
do you have to speak in tongues to be saved......... i go to an apostalic church that in a sense teaches the tongues is the holy ghost and without it you are not saved until this action happens... please help me im in dissarray and confusion...... any guidance/???

No.

Most Pentecostal denominations teach that, at the time that a person is saved, or slightly later, the believer will be "baptized of the Holy Spirit." One automatic manifestation of this baptism is the gift of speaking in tongues...

Not true.

I have never spoken in tongues, i.e. glossolalia (interesting to read on if you have the time), and may never but I am saved, accepted and loved by Yours truly...

You are fine!

:D

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavensOnFire 09-17-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

OH NO they just like you to shake up some FOR HOLY HOLY HOLY IS HIS NAME AND HE DOES DESERVE REVERENCE AND RESPECT GLORY TO GOD AND THEY JUST LIKE TO HAVE A TIME when they say that to you its their way of making you walk the line GLORY TO GOD but tounges is something that cant be forced and sometimes will hide DEEP INSIDE YA WHEN YOUR IN THE MIDST OF A CONGRATION those our secrets Between You In The Lord THAT WAS NOT MEANT FOR EVERYBODY TO HEAR GLORY TO GOD But i,am apostolic myself GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYY AND THEY WILL TELL YA THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME JESUS AND RIGHT THEY ARE GLORY TO GOD YOU JUST GO IN PRAISE HIM AND GLORFYING THE KINGS OF KINGS AND LORD FOR HE IS ALWAYS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED YES THAT ALL COUNSOUMING FIRE KEEPS YA FROM THE PIT GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GLORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

metalchris25 09-21-2007 09:44 PM

I am pentecostal, and have never had anyone say that you had to speak in tongues to be saved. As a student of ministry, I can tell you that the bible never says that.

HeavensOnFire 09-30-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
I am pentecostal, and have never had anyone say that you had to speak in tongues to be saved. As a student of ministry, I can tell you that the bible never says that.

no your right it does not Its The Slander Of Some Pentecostal Relgion their relgion is founded by the book of acts some of theme really work my nerves though chris at times haaaaaaaaaaaaa I Da Loves U Signature :D

theironhorse 11-01-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

A very definite NO.

Please do not let this false teaching cause you confusion.
I believe, according to the scriptures, it is a false teaching that is leading so many within church astray.

If you would like more info on why, just let me know.

My first suggestion, and the best one, is for you to ready and study the Bible
and pray.

I hope this helps,
Take care

Michael

TrulyAmazing 11-17-2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theironhorse
A very definite NO.

Please do not let this false teaching cause you confusion.
I believe, according to the scriptures, it is a false teaching that is leading so many within church astray.

If you would like more info on why, just let me know.

My first suggestion, and the best one, is for you to ready and study the Bible
and pray.

I hope this helps,
Take care

Michael

BROTHER Michale AMEN AND AMEN yes yet another false teachings along with false doctrines Some Scriptures that is Great Study Are On These Scriptures MY WORDS ARE NOT THE AUTHER OF CONFUSION AND BEFORE I HAVE PLACE BEFORE YOU AN OPEN DOOR KNOCK AND IT SHALL OPEN ASK AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN,

shiver 01-08-2008 10:26 AM

Just browsing and thought I'd weigh-in. I had a youth pastor in high school who spoke in tongues. It was a gift he received after he was saved, and after he asked God for this gift. Most of the people (pastors, youth pastors, professors) that I have talked to believe that it is a gift from God, but not by any means a necessity to get in to Heaven.
"I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one gets to the Father, except through me."

HeavenBesideYou 01-08-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
Just browsing and thought I'd weigh-in. I had a youth pastor in high school who spoke in tongues. It was a gift he received after he was saved, and after he asked God for this gift. Most of the people (pastors, youth pastors, professors) that I have talked to believe that it is a gift from God, but not by any means a necessity to get in to Heaven.
"I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one gets to the Father, except through me."

Word! (literally :D )

Heaven

:pimp: