CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wal-Mart Full Circle DVD Review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12798)

XALTERBRIDGEX 10-27-2009 09:14 PM

Wal-Mart Full Circle DVD Review

So i just watched the Behind the scenes Wal-Mart DVD. I really liked it. I liked how they showed the production for the tour, all the guys techs and just being around thier family. The only negative I saw was the chain smoking from Stapp while he was doing phone interviews. I am convinced that is why Stapp's vocals have gone south. I would think as a lead vocalist for a band like Creed he should better take care of himself.

rebsgirl 10-27-2009 09:27 PM

Re: Wal-Mart Full Circle DVD Review

Good point... i had wondered if he still smoked

XALTERBRIDGEX 10-27-2009 09:30 PM

well he said he is starting to wear the patch, he told his wife he would quit.

rebsgirl 10-27-2009 09:36 PM

He needs to stop soon...I've almost ruined my own voice b/c of it

My Sacrifice 10-27-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
So i just watched the Behind the scenes Wal-Mart DVD. I really liked it. I liked how they showed the production for the tour, all the guys techs and just being around thier family. The only negative I saw was the chain smoking from Stapp while he was doing phone interviews. I am convinced that is why Stapp's vocals have gone south. I would think as a lead vocalist for a band like Creed he should better take care of himself.

If I remember correctly, he started smoking a pack a day while on those USO tours over a year ago. It was in an article that was posted on this site.

PJAmerica 10-27-2009 11:06 PM

I loved the dvd. Got it today and watched the dvd and was very pleased the family aspect of there reunification. They are all so grounded and appreciative of there lives now more than ever. It's good to see people gow. I never knew Scott smokes until this dvd and was actually shocked to see him smoking. Explains a lot to me about his voice being more strained.

nagpo 10-27-2009 11:32 PM

Cigarettes are not the biggest reason as to why his vocals are different. He had previous drug problems ever since the weathered tour. After the great divide he finally entered rehab and got mostly clean.

I do agree that he should drop the drug. It'll kill him young.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-28-2009 01:55 AM

So is Silent Teacher on the Walmart version?

Got My Back? 10-28-2009 08:25 AM

Did not see Silent Teacher anywhere on the Walmart DVD or CD.

Got My Back? 10-28-2009 08:31 AM

I was shocked at two scenes.

1) Scott smoking. I just never even considered it before.

2) Tremonti wearing glasses. Again, never thought about it.

I was happy to see some footage from Pittsburgh. I saw myself in the crowd two times. Kind of cool.

Overall, the Walmart DVD was very cool and highly watchable.

I just wish that Silent Teacher was on there. I don't know how I'm going to get that. I don't do iTunes.

BSC 10-28-2009 09:00 AM

Guess what?

I've pre-ordered from Amazon, I get the DVD and Silent Teacher!

£15.69 is pretty pricey though..

nagpo 10-28-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
So is Silent Teacher on the Walmart version?

silent teacher is only available in the US through the pre-order on itunes.

00iceman 10-28-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got My Back?
I just wish that Silent Teacher was on there. I don't know how I'm going to get that. I don't do iTunes.

2 ways:

#1:
You can find it on YouTube.
Then you can use http://keepvid.com/
Convert the mp4 to mp3.

#2:
You can find it on YouTube.
Capture the audio using a free program such as Audacity.

Creedture 10-29-2009 02:23 PM

Smoking usually makes your voice a bit more rugged and raspy, a lot more like how his studio vocals are. Live, now, his vocals seem a lot more clear, and just lack any sort of range.

meeceek 10-29-2009 03:21 PM

I liked the DVD on the Wal-Mart version and how it helped to explain how the guys got back together again and how Full Circle and the tour came about. It was nice to see them interact with their families, too. I also liked how it all seemed to build up to the Overcome video at the end, showing some of those scenes in the video in context as they were actually shot... pretty cool and worth the few extra bucks for me.