CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12732)

tuluks 10-09-2009 06:24 PM

Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

flip confirms it in this interview:
http://www.borderrock.com/5Detours/A...779/Creed.aspx

this will definitely be the full circle tour, with majority of songs from new album!
he says overseas tours coming in canada, australia, new zealand, and parts of europe...
i like when he said this will not be creeds final album...so many more great creed years to come!
CREED IS HERE TO STAY baby! :D

(looks like it'll be a summer tour with AB then... still getting both bands so its all good!)

King Oropher 10-09-2009 06:57 PM

Re: Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

Tour to New Zealand! Yes! Can't wait... so I'm guessing he means U.S springtime?

nagpo 10-09-2009 07:15 PM

hmm, what does this mean for stapp solo album? Myles could go on tour with creed and alter bridge could open for creed.

rabidgopher04 10-09-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
hmm, what does this mean for stapp solo album? Myles could go on tour with creed and alter bridge could open for creed.

I don't see how the 3 guys would last on the tour playing for 3 hours every night.

shadyogrady 10-09-2009 07:53 PM

Led Zeppelin did it for years. Particularly, post 1973 tours. If they can do it in their later days, why can't these guys?

nagpo 10-09-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
I don't see how the 3 guys would last on the tour playing for 3 hours every night.

yah, I see your point. flip would be exhausted.

Higher_Desire 10-09-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuluks
(looks like it'll be a summer tour with AB then... still getting both bands so its all good!)

I preferred Creed over AB anyways. I'd much rather have Creed back.

But I'm excited for the new tour. I told them when I met them in Salt Lake City that they need to come back to Idaho. I hope they do!

Trinity 10-09-2009 08:18 PM

YES! COME TO CANADA!

I've been waiting 10 years to see Creed!

creediscool17 10-09-2009 08:51 PM

the idea of them not being able to play "3 hours a night" is just rediculous. everyone else in the world works 8 hours a day 5 days a week for their entire life, some people do very hard psychical labor and whatnot... your telling me a band can't stand up on stage and play music for 3 hours a night? its not even every night and theyd only have to do it for a few months. with the exception of flip their all in pretty good psychical shape (hes kinda packed on some pounds lately) im sure they could do it. plus if its alter bridge and creed that means that myles and stapp only have to sing one set a night not two, and singing would be the roughest part of that because it would be hard not to blow out your voice.

Higher_Desire 10-09-2009 09:01 PM

I absolutely agree with that. It's definitely doable. And I can see how Flip has put on a few pounds, but when I met them last weekend, he still looked to be in pretty good shape. Of course, that may just be because I'm fat. lol.

rabidgopher04 10-09-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creediscool17
the idea of them not being able to play "3 hours a night" is just rediculous. everyone else in the world works 8 hours a day 5 days a week for their entire life, some people do very hard psychical labor and whatnot... your telling me a band can't stand up on stage and play music for 3 hours a night? its not even every night and theyd only have to do it for a few months.

They also do a soundcheck, meet with fans, conduct interviews with radio stations, probably write some music, and are on the road for a few months straight. I'm sure it's exhausting (mentally and physically) and they work more than 3 hours every other day.

It's every bit as exhausting as those who do hard labor and then go home to their own bed every night, but it's different work.

Icedmofo 10-09-2009 10:20 PM

So obviously none of you have even an inkling of how much energy is required to put on even a mediocre live performance?

Just doing a straight play, meaning no singing dancing or running around a stage, for an hour is mentally and physically exhausting.

I'm not saying this to diminish physical laborers, but that is a very different kind of stress and energy.

3 hours a night of two totally different kinds of music, running around on stage, sound checks, any media obligations, fan meet and greets, etc., and imo this requires far more total energy than any 8 hour job.

I've sat at a desk for 8 hours a day and i've performed and i've worked physical labor jobs, performance requires the most total energy (mental and physical).

So no, i would not wish a 3 hour performance of two different styles of music more or less every day on top of the travel stress on 3 members of the band, they'd burn out, even over a shorter duration tour.

It'd be one thing if they did a special concert or 3-4 performances that way, but a standard set of an hour and a half is exhausting once a night, thinking that it's nothing to just double or triple that because they aren't lifting cement bricks all day is just naive and uninformed.

BSC 10-10-2009 03:58 AM

COME TO THE UK!

Seeing Creed live would make my year!

creediscool17 10-10-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

They also do a soundcheck, meet with fans, conduct interviews with radio stations, probably write some music, and are on the road for a few months straight. I'm sure it's exhausting (mentally and physically) and they work more than 3 hours every other day.

It's every bit as exhausting as those who do hard labor and then go home to their own bed every night, but it's different work.

man im really glad i stuck to moving furniture a few years back then... good thing i was doing that and not playing music in front of thousands of people who wanna hear my songs, or ...SOUNDCHECKS *dun dun dun*.... soundchecks sound terrible... what with standing there and all.. and uh... you know hitting notes on a guitar.... wowza. the part about meeting with fans to sign autographs and have drinks sounds really hard as well... everyone knows getting hammered and talking to a bunch of girls who wanna have sex with you is a terrible way to make a ton of money... OH WAIT, its not

razzroe 10-10-2009 08:09 PM

what does that mean for alter bridge? i thought they was gonna take over in 2010?:confused:

nagpo 10-10-2009 08:57 PM

I think creed should do a world tour another time. Maybe for their fifth album. I still like alter bridge and stapps solo stuff.

rabidgopher04 10-10-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

I think creed should do a world tour another time. Maybe for their fifth album. I still like alter bridge and stapps solo stuff.

I want to hear a couple of those new songs Stapp sang live about a year ago.

josha31042 10-10-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

man im really glad i stuck to moving furniture a few years back then... good thing i was doing that and not playing music in front of thousands of people who wanna hear my songs, or ...SOUNDCHECKS *dun dun dun*.... soundchecks sound terrible... what with standing there and all.. and uh... you know hitting notes on a guitar.... wowza. the part about meeting with fans to sign autographs and have drinks sounds really hard as well... everyone knows getting hammered and talking to a bunch of girls who wanna have sex with you is a terrible way to make a ton of money... OH WAIT, its not

What are you? 12?

I'm a sound tech, and I can tell you that working in any type of live event, puts unmeasureable amounts of pressure on all who are involved.

Think about the crews that have to spend all day long, hooking up the lights and setting the stage up, making sure the board is connected properly, doing dry tests to make sure all the pyro and lights are working, and doing SOUNDCHECK to make sure ungreatful little kids like you, can actually get a decent quality sound and show out of it all.

And then AFTER the show, they have to take everything down, and pack everything up and head to the next town to do the same thing. And they virtually get little to no credit for their work.

And then there's the band. A band like Creed have dozens of media obligations, personal pressure, industry pressure, pressure from the label, pressure from the FANS, pressure from their FAMILIES, and a demand to perform at their very best, almost each and every single
night while on tour. They have to prepare themselves for the backlash that the media might give them over a bad show, and for the very real possibility that something might go wrong and cause a cancellation.

Because, let's face it......we all know how well you could take it, having YOUR name and face on the cover of every magazine, telling people about how bad you screwed up at a show the night before. Because, if something small goes wrong, thousands of people will turn it into an ordeal that won't be forgotten within the next 10 years.

Working in the music industry is the farthest thing from easy, unless you're doing it for a hobby and have no desire to become largely successful. It's just a once in a lifetime oppurtunity you'd have
to be insane to pass up. It's still a job. And the pressure they face is no different from the pressures we face each and every day. They are human beings, they're just in the eyes of the media.

They have to work every bit as much as we do, especially if they care about their fans, in order to become a successful act in the music industry. The only difference is, their job platform allows them to market to millions of people, therefore earning them millions of dollars
in the process.

If you can dream it, you can live it.
Some of us get the chance, some don't.
But don't think for a second that just because they are loaded with cash, doesn't mean they don't work for their fans.

Redeemer 10-10-2009 09:59 PM

Oy vey... um. So, about this tour... I really tried to listen to the whole thing, but really, I got impatient.

I will wait until the dates get posted so I can yell "NO NYC SHOW?! AAGH!" at the computer screen again. [Let us hope not...]

josha31042 10-10-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer
Oy vey... um. So, about this tour... I really tried to listen to the whole thing, but really, I got impatient.

I will wait until the dates get posted so I can yell "NO NYC SHOW?! AAGH!" at the computer screen again. [Let us hope not...]

They're already posted.....the closest they come to New York, is PA.

josha31042 10-10-2009 10:10 PM

Maybe she'll realize I'm kidding, before she blows her voice out by screaming at the computer screen for hours....

nagpo 10-10-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

I want to hear a couple of those new songs Stapp sang live about a year ago.

yeah, some of them sounded pretty good.He left his solo band behind lol

rabidgopher04 10-10-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

yeah, some of them sounded pretty good.He left his solo band behind lol

I wonder how they felt about the Creed reunion, just getting dropped like that.

creediscool17 10-10-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josha31042
What are you? 12?

I'm a sound tech, and I can tell you that working in any type of live event, puts unmeasureable amounts of pressure on all who are involved.

Think about the crews that have to spend all day long, hooking up the lights and setting the stage up, making sure the board is connected properly, doing dry tests to make sure all the pyro and lights are working, and doing SOUNDCHECK to make sure ungreatful little kids like you, can actually get a decent quality sound and show out of it all.

And then AFTER the show, they have to take everything down, and pack everything up and head to the next town to do the same thing. And they virtually get little to no credit for their work.

And then there's the band. A band like Creed have dozens of media obligations, personal pressure, industry pressure, pressure from the label, pressure from the FANS, pressure from their FAMILIES, and a demand to perform at their very best, almost each and every single
night while on tour. They have to prepare themselves for the backlash that the media might give them over a bad show, and for the very real possibility that something might go wrong and cause a cancellation.

Because, let's face it......we all know how well you could take it, having YOUR name and face on the cover of every magazine, telling people about how bad you screwed up at a show the night before. Because, if something small goes wrong, thousands of people will turn it into an ordeal that won't be forgotten within the next 10 years.

Working in the music industry is the farthest thing from easy, unless you're doing it for a hobby and have no desire to become largely successful. It's just a once in a lifetime oppurtunity you'd have
to be insane to pass up. It's still a job. And the pressure they face is no different from the pressures we face each and every day. They are human beings, they're just in the eyes of the media.

They have to work every bit as much as we do, especially if they care about their fans, in order to become a successful act in the music industry. The only difference is, their job platform allows them to market to millions of people, therefore earning them millions of dollars
in the process.

If you can dream it, you can live it.
Some of us get the chance, some don't.
But don't think for a second that just because they are loaded with cash, doesn't mean they don't work for their fans.

hi im 12 years old and i move furniture for a living.
im sorry but your rant was just awful. i will never ever feel sorry for famous rock stars. ever. ever. is your rant about rock stars or stage tech? because you kinda just ranted about both. you should take a creative writing course at your local community college.

creediscool17 10-10-2009 11:07 PM

i really hate to say this but isn't a spring tour the result of this current one not being so successful? you could argue their doing it because the current tour is successful but from what ive heard most of the venues they've played were 1/3 full. i'm not sure if they sold out any of their shows, maybe the houston one that was a good show it looked pretty packed as well.

rabidgopher04 10-10-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

i really hate to say this but isn't a spring tour the result of this current one not being so successful? you could argue their doing it because the current tour is successful but from what ive heard most of the venues they've played were 1/3 full. i'm not sure if they sold out any of their shows, maybe the houston one that was a good show it looked pretty packed as well.

Why would they do a 2nd tour if no one came to the first?

josha31042 10-10-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

hi im 12 years old.

Really wouldn't doubt it, mate.

nagpo 10-11-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josha31042
Really wouldn't doubt it, mate.

Im 12 years old. What is this? lmao

creediscool17 10-11-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Why would they do a 2nd tour if no one came to the first?

because the first one didnt make any money? i dont know durrrrr

creediscool17 10-11-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Im 12 years old. What is this? lmao

\

josha called me a 12 year old, after i posted my views on bands having an easy time compared to people like myself who actually work hard for a living.

BSC 10-11-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's to promote Full Circle which comes out after the first tour?

With respect (very little), you're a douchebag. Do you think your cool because you're starting arguements on every thread. You aren't winning any of these arguements...

For all the people in this thread confused about AB... AB has promised a new album in 2010. Then in Spring Creed will tour, either before or after the Creed tour Alter Bridge will tour.

nagpo 10-11-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

\

josha called me a 12 year old, after i posted my views on bands having an easy time compared to people like myself who actually work hard for a living.

No, it's a meme. Have you ever gone to /b/?...nevermind. Lets keep that site out of it.

:)

rabidgopher04 10-11-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

If the product doesn't sell, you don't go out and sell it all over again - you change it, can it, whatever. My point is that if this first tour "didn't make any money" then Creed would be done and there would be no 2nd tour...durrrrr

Redeemer 10-11-2009 04:15 PM

creediscool, your arguments are as bad as your username. I mean, "famous rock stars"? Yeah, guess what -- everyone is human, and no job is perfect. It is very telling that you consider josha's post a "rant" when he was basically trying to educate your ignorant ass on what being a musician is really like. You think it is easy, do you not? Oh, because poor "creediscool" has to move furniture for a living.

Honestly, kid, get over yourself. And trust Me -- when someone acts like a 12-year-old, no one is going to dispute that. Age is all in the mind.

NOW. That being said, fuck furniture. This is a Creed forum. Like I said, I hope they come to the City this time... I mean, c'mon. We have so many great venues!

austin. 10-11-2009 09:51 PM

can someone post the dates?
________
Buy iolite vaporizer

Dark_Knight 10-11-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin.
can someone post the dates?

No dates yet.

My Sacrifice 10-11-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
No dates yet.

Any idea on how long it usually takes for the dates to get posted?

Agent D 10-11-2009 11:36 PM

This thread is wildly entertaining.

in reality 10-11-2009 11:46 PM

It certainly is. lol Especially the part about creed going on a second tour because of low ticket sales. Like any band would have that option. Not gonna happen. Anyway, I can't wait till the dates are announced too.

shadyogrady 10-12-2009 12:16 PM

Hello, My names Creediscool17, and I'm furniture moving alcoholic......Oh wrong forum.

I'm amazed at the level of speculative stupidity displayed on this site. If you don't like Creed, go to another band site that you do like. As earlier stated, the Spring tour is to support the new album (CD). They only played one or two songs from the new album during the Fall mini tour. My brother went to the Indianapolis concert and said it was packed and they were awesome and he's not even a huge fan. The fact that you move furniture for a living and probably chose not to get a higher form of education to avoid doing manual labor has nothing to do with the facts that Josha made in his post. I'm certain bands and all the people that work in the background you never see, work their ass off to pull off a show each night.

I wouldn't want the life of a Rock Star. I just want their great music.

Oh, and I'm sure you're not 12 working for a living. I've moved 6 times (6 states) in the last 14 years with my job and if you showed up to move my furniture, I'd turn you ass right back around. You couldn't lift my nightstand.

Shady