CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Suicide Concert?? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4510)

tupelocreedfan 10-01-2003 06:29 AM

Suicide Concert??

My husband was telling me something about a concert where they
were going to let a girl commit suicide on stage, I think she had a
terminal illness. Don't get me wrong, I have taken care of dying
cancer patients and I respect the idea of assisted suicide in a personal and private setting- but not on stage in front of 100s of
people. Does anyone have more info?

JenRN 10-01-2003 09:32 AM

:wtf: Your kidding right? I am a nurse and I see people linger to the last minute and die with dignity and respect. I am not a person who agrees with that, I have seen it all! Cancer is a horrible thing BELIEVE me there were times I wished my grandparnets would not have to suffer, but it was god's choice as to when they went no one else's!!! What kind of a band would do that, sounds fishy to me!:rolleyes: Anyways they can't do that on stage, ummm........ someone can be arrested :doh:

Dogstar 10-01-2003 12:00 PM

Here's what I found on it...Sounds like a no-go for now....

St. Petersburg, Florida-AP) -- The owner of a theater where a band was planning to have a live suicide during its show has said no to the concert.

The owner of a club across town is also saying the show won't happen there.

The band Hell on Earth has said it would allow a right-to-die group member to end his life on stage during its show in St. Petersburg, Florida, next month.

David Hundley, owner of the State Theater, says he won't allow the show to happen at his club because he doesn't want to put anyone in the club at risk.

Matt Mullins, owner of Club Venom, where the band has said they will move the show, says the concert won't happen at his club either if a suicide is part of the act.

The band could not be reached for comment.

creedchick02 10-01-2003 12:26 PM

:eek: That is SICK...i believe a person has a right to end his or her own life if they are suffering...but not for money...that band is sick...:( :eek:

Lechium 10-01-2003 12:27 PM

if someone wants to kill themselves they can do it whenever and wherever they want to. it's this guys's life so let him make decidions, and just because it's so different from other things it doesnt make it wrong.

RMadd 10-01-2003 03:04 PM

It's sickening that anyone would want to commit suicide (at a public concert, nonetheless) and that anyone (namely the band, Hell on Earth) would accomadate such actions. Thank goodness the club owners intervened and cancelled the show. But my roommate heard on the radio the other day that it was going to be moved to an undisclosed date/location. Absolutely sickening.

creedchick02 10-01-2003 05:01 PM

I'ts still against the law is it not....:confused: :rolleyes:

hotforscott 10-01-2003 06:33 PM

I remember reading about this on MSN.com. Has anyone ever seen The Life of David Gale, it's a great movie about something similar, not completely, but somewhat. I don't agree with it, but I can't make someone else's decisions.

JulieCitySlicker 10-01-2003 10:01 PM

That is very disturbing and not to mention disgusting:mad: :( :eek:

JenRN 10-01-2003 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BearFan
It's sickening that anyone would want to commit suicide (at a public concert, nonetheless) and that anyone (namely the band, Hell on Earth) would accomadate such actions.  Thank goodness the club owners intervened and cancelled the show.  But my roommate heard on the radio the other day that it was going to be moved to an undisclosed date/location.  Absolutely sickening.

I agree, why make a damn spectacle of your self, people are messed up!:( Thank god no one is allowing this to happen.

JulieCitySlicker 10-01-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BearFan
It's sickening that anyone would want to commit suicide (at a public concert, nonetheless) and that anyone (namely the band, Hell on Earth) would accomadate such actions.  Thank goodness the club owners intervened and cancelled the show.  But my roommate heard on the radio the other day that it was going to be moved to an undisclosed date/location.  Absolutely sickening.

OMG! I've never heard anything from this band, I'm glad I havn't now:mad: :( They are now on my do not buy or listen to list:mad:

TeriB19 10-01-2003 11:29 PM

I have a feeling it may have just been a publicity stunt to get the name of the band out there for recognition. I think it's pretty sick but then again, there are a LOT of sick people in this world.

stargirl 10-02-2003 12:04 AM

That is so sad, how can anyone let somebody kill themselfs!
I hope that person finds help, and same with the band.

facelessman 10-02-2003 12:38 AM

thats crazy! what concert was it?

JulieCitySlicker 10-02-2003 12:51 AM

The club that was going to hold the concert cancelled it Facelessman, cuz they found out about this:eek: