CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Super Bowl XXXIX (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8513)

RMadd 01-24-2005 12:46 AM

Super Bowl XXXIX

Well, after watching the Eagles dominate Atlanta & New England beat Big Ben and the Steelers at home, whose your pick to win the Big One? Will Philly win its first Super Bowl Appearance in nearly 30 years, or will the Pats pick up its 3rd in 4 years?

Steve 01-24-2005 01:04 AM

I dunno... Philly is good, and I think I'm going to be routing for them, simply because they are in the NFC, however I voted for the Pats. They seem like the better all-round team. It'll be a good game, that's for sure.

RMadd 01-24-2005 01:38 AM

I'm going w/ New England just b/c Bill Belicheck (sp), Romeo Crennell, and all are frickin' geniuses. They held Peyton & Indy to 3 points. Big Ben & the Steelers were shut down for more than half the game. Even w/ Terrell Owens, Philly would prolly lose, and I don't see them having much a chance against NE w/ out.

aussiecreeder 01-24-2005 01:55 AM

From an international point of view there are too many set plays and stratergy plays too much of a role in this sport. I wouldn't have a clue who are the good teams are nowadays. Last time I watched the superbowl the packers were winning championships.

JulieCitySlicker 01-24-2005 08:35 AM

I hate football,so I could care less :)

TeriB19 01-24-2005 09:37 AM

Gotta go with my Eagles! Everybody thought once T.O. was injured that their season was over, but they played with heart and got the job done. I think they want it badly enough that they'll do it this year (finally!!).

scrit 01-24-2005 10:37 AM

PATRIOTS!!!

I'm a little biased because I am a huge pats fan, but the pats got Brady, Dillon, Brushchi, Vinatieri and of course Bill Belichick. The Eagles may have T.O. in the Super Bowl, but come on the pats won the last 2 of 3 superbowls, and now they have Cory Dillon.

AndrewFromABRox 01-24-2005 12:16 PM

Im going with patriots, they havent lost a game at home in like 2 years, theyve won like 2 or 3 superbowls in the last 4 years, they crushed the Colts offense, they held the steelers defense, I mean they are awesome, to do all that in the AFC is amazing. I am hoping that philly could win cause theyre NFC but I dont see if happening.

titan9 01-24-2005 12:18 PM

I hate the Patriots. I hate them with a passion. I hate Brady as well. I might not like the Eagles, but this will be the one game where I'll be rooting for them to win. I think the Eagles will win the Super Bowl 28-21.

Torn Daredevil 01-24-2005 01:18 PM

New England is just too good, too experienced. They are the new dynasty in the NFL. I pity the Eagles. At least they got the chance to go to the Super Bowl. And I'm by no means a New England fan, but ya gotta give them props, ESPECIALLY if they win again.

Dogstar 01-24-2005 01:51 PM

I'm rooting for my Pats all the way. I like the Eagles, too, for the NFC, but my heart is with my boys. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS. Don't underestimate Jim Johnson, though, that man is a defensive genius.

creedsister 01-24-2005 01:55 PM

GO PATRIOTS, They WILL WIN, Their Ready,

Higher_Desire 01-24-2005 02:26 PM

I voted for the Eagles for a few reasons.

1. NE Patriots are overrated. Sure their SB win after 9/11 was a big deal, but then they just fizzled.
2. Eagles use to suck but worked and fought hard to get this oppertunity.
3. A guy I know is friends with Eagles coach Andy Reid. He use to play football with him in College, and still keeps in frequent touch with him.

H-D :pimp:

titan9 01-24-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I voted for the Eagles for a few reasons.

1. NE Patriots are overrated.

Yup, ESPECIALLY Tom Brady. I can't stand him. He's worse than Brett Favre.....

RMadd 01-24-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
1. NE Patriots are overrated. Sure their SB win after 9/11 was a big deal, but then they just fizzled.

with all due respect, i wholeheartedly disagree. sure they didn't make the playoffs the following season, but they came back w/ a vengeance last year and won it all. and, as i said above, i think we've really seen how excellent NE's coaches are. it's not the players, it's the system. and it works almost perfectly. i'm not hoping for a blowout; i don't think there'll be one. New England 31-30.