CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So what exactly is official? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5472)

creedlvr 01-09-2004 12:29 PM

So what exactly is official?

The only "official" news ... meaning from CreedInk or WindUp (not Mark to some fans or Mark's brother) ... is that Scott and Mark are doing solo stuff and that Creed (together) will release an album in 2004 that contains greatest hits and a few new songs.

Nothing about what kind of music or what exactly those solo projects involve ... and nothing about Flip or Brian.

So without Mark and Michael spreading the word, we would not even know that Flip or Brian were involved.

Is this correct?

WeatheredWoman 01-09-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
The only "official" news ... meaning from CreedInk or WindUp (not Mark to some fans or Mark's brother) ... is that Scott and Mark are doing solo stuff and that Creed (together) will release an album in 2004 that contains greatest hits and a few new songs.

Nothing about what kind of music or what exactly those solo projects involve ... and nothing about Flip or Brian.

So without Mark and Michael spreading the word, we would not even know that Flip or Brian were involved.

Is this correct?

I think you got a point there! Nothing 'bout a break-up... so what are we worried about???

It's just that damned long silence around the bands where/what-abouts!
They do not confirm or deny anything! It kills me... REALLY!

Higher_Desire 01-09-2004 03:07 PM

You do have an interesting point. It's something I've thought about before (possibly being in denial about a breakup), but I'm going on what Michael said beofe of "It's not the end, but just a time-out with no exact timetable for a return." or something to that effect.

H-D :hypno:

creedlvr 01-09-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I'm going on what Michael said beofe of "It's not the end, but just a time-out with no exact timetable for a return." or something to that effect.

That will be the hope I hold on to!

and besides ...
even bands that have flat out broken up (supposedly for good) have reconciled and reunited. Who's to say that can't happen here? Hopefully, they will come to their senses.

Bridge of Clay 01-09-2004 06:01 PM

Hello...

sorry to sound harsh on you, but it took this long for you to realize that?! geez...

WeatheredWoman 01-09-2004 06:11 PM

...and it took me a while (2day actually :thumbsup: ) to find out that MICHAEL had post some messages on this board!!! What an ULTIMATE surprise this was 4 me :syncdance
It set my mind at ease ...at least in some way!!

RMadd 01-09-2004 11:11 PM

it's also official that many of us can't stand the people bitching (still!) about this hear-say. Just wait for the official 411 from Wind-up, and we'll be good to go. Of course, if they officially announce any bad news, we could see people complaining out the wazoo all over again... yay. i, for one, am thrilled at that possibility.

hayley 01-09-2004 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Hello...

sorry to sound harsh on you, but it took this long for you to realize that?! geez...

What the HELL is wrong with you latley? Seriously you need to chill out and stop being so cocky

hayley 01-09-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
I think you got a point there! Nothing 'bout a break-up... so what are we worried about???

It's just that damned long silence around the bands where/what-abouts!
They do not confirm or deny anything! It kills me... REALLY!

Yeah, what are we worried about! LOL :eek: Well I guess when you hear "Solo projects" You think "Break-up".

It kills me too, there has not been a word from any of the band members themselves, just Marks brother. Yes, that is a very helpful source of information, but not enough in my opinion, I want them to say something to their fans. :(

WeatheredWoman 01-09-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Yeah, what are we worried about! LOL :eek: Well I guess when you hear "Solo projects" You think "Break-up".

You do?? Honestly?? ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quote:

It kills me too, there has not been a word from any of the band members themselves, just Marks brother. Yes, that is a very helpful source of information, but not enough in my opinion, I want them to say something to their fans. :(

And that's SO TRUE!!!

WeatheredWoman 01-09-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

What the HELL is wrong with you latley? Seriously you need to chill out and stop being so cocky

Hmmm... You're not the only one who's noticed it!
JenRN already called him edgey... Sorry Tremo but I just know you like this!!
Yeahhh... me still a newb...

hayley 01-09-2004 11:51 PM

Quote:

You do?? Honestly?? ;) ;) ;) ;)

:lolsign: Just a blonde stating the obvious :roll:

hayley 01-09-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Hmmm... You're not the only one who's noticed it!
JenRN already called him edgey... Sorry Tremo but I just know you like this!!
Yeahhh... me still a newb...

Yeah...:( It's true though. Somethings up his butt and he's not like he used to be.

Awww...the newbie!!!! ;)

TeriB19 01-10-2004 12:48 AM

Jen and I have both noticed Marcos' change, Hayley. Big difference in him. Sorry Marcos, but you're acting a lot differently lately. And not in a real nice way either.

hayley 01-10-2004 01:45 AM

Yeah sorry Marcos if you are reading this but I agree 100% with what Teri is saying. You have changed, and not for the better. :(

Higher_Desire 01-10-2004 04:16 AM

Marcos, I totally understand where you're coming from. And I completely agree that this topic of "Oh my God! Why is our favorite band breaking up? What's going to happen now?" stuff is getting really old.

H-D :hypno:

TeriB19 01-10-2004 11:18 AM

Yes Colin, we understand that, but aside from the breakup talk, what some of us are trying to say is that Marcos isn't just acting like the breakup talk is getting old, his attitude toward most of us has really seemed to change, for the worst. It's really starting to hurt some feelings.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 03:16 PM

oops! I became Scott Stapp! lol! :D never thought a thread would be about me...

I dunno if I really suck at expressing thoughts, or if you a few people are having trouble understanding what I meant.

For example, on this thread, Colin was the only one who got it.

Since the news were posted at the pit, we talked in a 1000 threads nothing was official. Our only source was Michael. Now why to ask this question, on the very first post of this thread again???

Getting facts straight:

1- Creed is done.
2- Creed is done, but not forever. They just extended their break.
3- Mark has a project along Flip and Brian.
4- Stapp has a project we don't know about it yet.

That's it. Believe me, it hurts me big time to see this happening to my all-time fav band. But we gotta move on, life goes on. I don't like to see people using pink-glasses or in denial about this subject.

But if we keep looking at and thinking about the past, we won't be able to see what's coming in the future. What's done is done. We should leave past behind us, not ahead, and prepare for what's next.

Now, geez... I strongly believe in the paragraph above. I can't understand, if you excuse me, why people don't wanna believe Michael, part because he didn't post here, but on the pit and part because Stapp is the most liked, among other reasons. And you know there are bickering between all creed boards, specially the pit.

Just because I collected a bunch of quotes and made fun of them and the situation, never at the people who posted them, is no reason for all of you to become agressive to me. I don't think I changed... except for my user name, but that is nobody's fault...

And to those who said I'm cocky and acting like I know more than the rest, I never meant to. All I did was gathering Michael's posts around www and using them in my posts. I always posted "Michael said...Mark's brother posted...etc", not "I know, you don't know... This happened...that didn't happen".

But sorry if I expressed wrong and if you didn't see that.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 03:24 PM

and yep... I do think the break-up talk is old... we could direct our typing efforts for something else: that Ode thread, finding the meaning of the crest, the hidden stuff. There's a lot of cool stuff for us creed freaks to talk about.

And, IMHO, although I couldn't think that at first, I feel the solo projects may come for the good of Creed, specially if they explore different sounds to their best, learn with what comes up good and bad, and them jam of it into Creed's 4th album, that I do believe will come up.

Plus we also have the compilation coming out... maybe b-sides we never heard before and this so called "unrecorded song".

And one more request of mine: don't talk about me, talk to me. If I'm bugging you, let me know... why don't you just PM me?

if everybody did that (instead of talking about, to talk to) the world wouldn't be so messed up.

Dogstar 01-10-2004 03:56 PM

Marcos, people were responding to your attitude change that has come through on the board, so they addressed you directly in this thread. Frankly, I agree with them. The change started after you joined the always contentious Pit. I think you have picked up some of their bad habits. I don't think people are misunderstanding you at all. You have a good command of the language and have had no problem expressing your opinion. Your attitude change has come in loud and clear.

You're entitled to your opinion about Creed's supposed breakup, but so are the people who are having a hard time with it. And if you think it's getting old, you don't have to read the threads about it.

TeriB19 01-10-2004 04:32 PM

Yes Marcos, it's not that we think you are acting like you know more than others because you are using Michael's quotes. That's not the case at all. It's the cockiness and nastiness that you've been throwing around as of late. I agree with Kerri, you do have a good command of the language and use it well. Unfortunately, you've been using it to belittle and hurt feelings more than you ever did before. And we've noticed it since you joined the Pit. Take that for what it's worth.

Kim V. 01-10-2004 07:21 PM

Yes, Marcos, I have noticed it too. Your posts always used to be really sweet, always uplifting and caring toward your fellow "Feeders". Lately, I've noticed an edgy-ness to your posts that wasn't there before. I agree with Dogstar and Teri, you are entitled to "accept and move on", and those of us who might have a hard time "accepting and moving on", (if in fact, this speculation is truth) also are entitled to express our feelings. Please, Marcos, get back in touch with your sweet, uplifting, caring side again! I'd enjoy reading your posts again if you do! Peace....and God Bless!

WeatheredWoman 01-10-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Now, geez... I strongly believe in the paragraph above. I can't understand, if you excuse me, why people don't wanna believe Michael, part because he didn't post here, but on the pit

I thought Michael DID post here... See member "Gabriel"... he had post 5 times on this board! Or was that some funny guy?????? :confused:

Dogstar 01-10-2004 08:00 PM

Gabriel is Michael and he has posted a few times here.

creedlvr 01-10-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

Hello...

I'm getting REALLY tired of you. I have been posting here for a little over a year. Prior to that, I used to just come to read. I have to say that I used to think you seemed pretty pleasant and even tempered in your posts ... somewhat neutral and always nice to people. Now, I just think you're obnoxous!

I know I've asked you this before and do not remember getting a response, so I'll ask again ...
Have I done something to offend you??? Because unless I'm just paranoid (which I'm not!), you always feel the need to be nasty in your responses to me. This is not the first time. I thought at first that it was just me, but I'm starting to see you're that way to others as well.

You've gone out of your way on several occasions to insult me. You even made a comment in the past that I should be banned from this board. That was because I was involved in a disagreement with someone else ... that didn't involve you ... and yet you felt the need to express your unfounded opinion. I have never been outright nasty to anyone on this board. No ... I don't always agree with the majority, and yes, I will go back and forth with people to make my point if I feel strongly enough about it. But I have never sworn at or made fun of any person here ... NOT EVER!!! And I don't feel I need to tolerate your snide little sarcastic remarks!
Quote:

Since the news were posted at the pit, we talked in a 1000 threads nothing was official. Our only source was Michael. Now why to ask this question, on the very first post of this thread again???

Getting facts straight:

1- Creed is done.
2- Creed is done, but not forever. They just extended their break.
3- Mark has a project along Flip and Brian.
4- Stapp has a project we don't know about it yet.

Why ask the question?? Well, I'll tell you why ...
I was just trying to be sure I had MY facts straight and that I hadn't missed anything else that was "officially" released ... nothing more! And if you are so tired of this topic, then don't go out of your way to read it and respond to it.

And about your "facts" above ... particularly #2 ... what exactly makes you such an authority? You talk like you know everything for sure. Yes ... we all hope that Creed is just on an extended break ... but the bottom line is that no one really knows anything for sure. So you can just stop pretending like you have all the answers.
Quote:

Just because I collected a bunch of quotes and made fun of them and the situation, never at the people who posted them,
Absolutely NOT true ... speaking from experience!
Quote:

And one more request of mine: don't talk about me, talk to me. If I'm bugging you, let me know... why don't you just PM me?

You're absolutely right! This is something I probably should've PMed you about ... but quite frankly, since you are not shy about being sarcastic and snide to me (publically) ... then I am not going to be shy about telling you how I feel about it.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 09:20 PM

I did join the pit... but I rarely check their board. The only reason I did was to get some pics and read what Michael posted, by his own words. You search for me (creedfreakbr) you'll see I have less than 10 posts... so yeah, I joined the pit, but I'm not a pitter. So the fact I joined their site is a mere coincidence.

Now, I realize I've been sarcastic to a few people. But never at the old school of Creed Feed. Always at some newbies. Creedlvr was one. The way she defends Stapp so passionately pissed me off. Another one, was faceless man... always posting "yeah", "meh" and "banana smilie" posts, without any other words... and I know there are people that share my opinion, although they rather to keep quiet.

I also should add that there are/were more sarcastic/ironic people on this board that you never seem to be bugged. And I'm pretty much the same person Kim V. described (thank you, btw). I just decided to post towards what bugged me, when I used to ignore. I realize it causes conflict, specially where I shouldn't, but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret. Maybe it's just my way to deal with things and vent... but since it causes trouble, yeah, I'll try to stop...

creedlvr 01-10-2004 09:46 PM

Quote:

Now, I realize I've been sarcastic to a few people. But never at the old school of Creed Feed. Always at some newbies.

Okay, so you only have respect for people that have been here a while?? The rest (the "newbies") don't deserve the same respect? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And what exactly, makes someone a "newbie" anyway? Is there some timeframe or number of posts that one must surpass in order to shed the "newbie" title??? And BTW - I am not a newbie ... I just don't have the time to post 200 times a day!!!
Quote:

Creedlvr was one. The way she defends Stapp so passionately pissed me off.
Maybe the way you defend Mark PISSES ME OFF!!! Why should my defending him bother you so much?? For God's sake, after all the abuse the poor guy takes, someone has to. If that is all it takes to piss you off and treat people so rudely, then you should see a doctor!
Quote:

Another one, was faceless man... always posting "yeah", "meh" and "banana smilie" posts, without any other words... and I know there are people that share my opinion, although they rather to keep quiet.
Yes ... because they are polite ... something you obviously know nothing about.
Quote:

but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret.
WOW!!! You're so immature, it's frightening!

Can someone tell me...
If I put him on my ignore list, does that mean I won't have to look at his posts anymore??

Dogstar 01-10-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

I just decided to post towards what bugged me, when I used to ignore. I realize it causes conflict, specially where I shouldn't, but I can't say I'm sorry, coz honestly I don't regret. Maybe it's just my way to deal with things and vent... but since it causes trouble, yeah, I'll try to stop...

Maybe you're missing the point, Marcos. It's not WHAT you post but HOW you post it...You've just gotten nasty with some people and it's really not nice. You can express the things that piss you off without being a jerk about it.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:13 PM

LMAO, yeah! You do that.

Coz obviously you don't understand me. I never said I don't respect newbies, what I said was that the people I was sarcastic at were newbies. Coincidence? pretty much...

It all lays on the content of their posts.

Stapp isn't holy. Stop treating like if he is. That's why the guy can't take a breath... Just because he had the guts to sing what he felt, (with spiritual insinuations) in a world people don't wanna hear a word about God, people think he's a saint. Maybe he never wanted to be a role model, as I said befote... people took him to this condition.

Let him leave, let him breath... it's like he's in a cage... or in some people's cage...

Now you can't stand the fact I have "Tremonti" on my nick... you're so wrong in judging me like that, because obviously you missed the fact I support in the first place Creed, then the other Stapp and Flip just as much as Mark, equally. Just read the post-Chicago threads... But IF you don't like Mark, I can't do nothing about it... It's not my fault that TODAY he's in the spotlight, not Stapp or Flip...

Sure, that wasn't polite of me... but at least it was honest. Better than being polite but fake.

The frightening part isn't me, but you putting Stapp on a pedestal. He fails just like us, non-famous human beings. That's why if something goes wrong, you get so "hurt" (or something like that).

creedlvr 01-10-2004 10:42 PM

OMG!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The most ridiculous part about this is that I am actually bothering to respond to you ... but I assure you, it will be the last time!

Quote:

LMAO, yeah! You do that.

I will!

Quote:

Coz obviously you don't understand me. I never said I don't respect newbies, what I said was that the people I was sarcastic at were newbies. Coincidence? pretty much...
Then why say it at all? :confused: Do you make any sense at all??

Quote:

Stapp isn't holy. Stop treating like if he is. That's why the guy can't take a breath... Just because he had the guts to sing what he felt, (with spiritual insinuations) in a world people don't wanna hear a word about God, people think he's a saint. Maybe he never wanted to be a role model, as I said befote... people took him to this condition.
Who the F!@$! is talking about Stapp?? Have you just run out of things to say in your own defense. You've just COMPLETELY changed the subject!!!! NO ONE was talking about this! AND ... NO ONE ... ESPECIALLY NOT ME ... SAID HE IS HOLY OR WHATEVER OTHER NONSENSE YOU'RE BABBLING!

Quote:

Now you can't stand the fact I have "Tremonti" on my nick... you're so wrong in judging me like that ..{text deleted}.. But IF you don't like Mark, I can't do nothing about it... It's not my fault that TODAY he's in the spotlight, not Stapp or Flip...
:wtf: I could care less who or what you have for a nickname. You have obviously missed the point ... AGAIN!!!! I won't bother to explain it because it won't make a difference. And I NEVER said I didn't like Mark. I have just said that Stapp is clearly the reason I became a Creed fan. Yeah, okay ... I'm saying it's your fault Stapp's not in the spotlight right now. :wtf:

Quote:

Sure, that wasn't polite of me... but at least it was honest. Better than being polite but fake.
How about not saying anything at all if you don't have anything nice to say???

Quote:

The frightening part isn't me, but you putting Stapp on a pedestal.
Who said I was?????????
Quote:

He fails just like us, non-famous human beings.
Again ... NO SHIT!!!!!

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Maybe you're missing the point, Marcos. It's not WHAT you post but HOW you post it...You've just gotten nasty with some people and it's really not nice. You can express the things that piss you off without being a jerk about it.

that's true, I agree... but that wouldn't be fun! But if people tale what I said with a sense of humor, and not a sense of critic, it gets funny. I know it's "acid"...

Far from comparissons, but 2 examples are:
-Jango
-Hyde from "That 70's show"

:cool:

And I do know I may have opened a can of worms with the above... :scared:

But as I said previously, I won't be bugging you anymore with this attitude.

Dogstar 01-10-2004 10:46 PM

Um, nice try, but jango debates without being a jerk. I can't speak to *Hyde* of That 70's Show, because I haven't seen it.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:50 PM

Now see what I'm saying?

The first post of this ITEE66 guy is "did you know Creed broke up?"... no $#!!... how do you expect me to react when there are dozens of threads about that all over the net when it still was fresh news...

If he had the care to browse a little on this board, he'd notice it, and get a lot of info he doesn't have... doesn't you get tempted to post a "zero tolerance" reply?

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:51 PM

PS: didn't meant to say Jango is a jerk, but sarcastic.

Dogstar 01-10-2004 10:53 PM

Not sure what you mean by zero tolerance reply, but I just ignore that kind of stuff because he's probably a troll. Ignore them, and they go away.

creedlvr 01-10-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

doesn't you get tempted to post a "zero toleran" reply?

IF I can figure out what this even says, I think my answer is ...
NO ... I DOESN'T!!!!

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 11:02 PM

zero tolerance = not tolerant at all... truly being a Jackass, with capital J.

For example:

You're lighting a cigarette. Someone you know asks "Do you smoke?" and you answer "No, I don't. I'm just warming it up for the next smoker that comes by and ask me for a lighter"

You could go heavier...

TeriB19 01-11-2004 01:26 AM

Yes, I agree with Kerri about ignoring the people that come on here and say "hey, guess what, Creed broke up" because they probably are here just to stir up the crap. If you don't pay them any mind, they will go away. But Marcos, we've been family here for so long, it's just tough to see you being so negative towards those that still hold out hope. It's not about the why it's about the how. And yes, Jango ruffled some feathers, but we knew how Jango was from the get go. And we loved him, just as we love you Marcos. Now be nice. :)

Jez 01-11-2004 02:06 AM

I'm all for people joking around, but the thing about sarcasm on the internet is that it's really hard to tell sometimes when you're being sarcastic versus just plain being a jerk. There are no facial "tells", no verbal cues from which to gather an idea of what your aim is when you make comments like you do. (I'm speaking in general terms...not to anyone in particular)
Generally, when I make a sarcastic remark and I want people to know that I am in fact being sarcastic, I give some kind of visual queue to let them know...like adding an [/sarcasm] to the end of the statement. Still, this doesn't always alleviete the problem...
Sometimes when you voice little jokes or opinions, you strike a nerve with people who feel strongly about the person that you are commenting about. You can't just tell people to "lighten up" or "relax, it's only a joke" because people are entitled to have the feelings that they do.....and one can't just turn off and on those feelings at will, for the most part.

*typo

Bridge of Clay 01-11-2004 07:58 PM

exactly, Jez. I reckon I missed that. I should have posted icons... but I guess I was too lazy for that...

anyway, I hope it's all good now.

Thanks for the kind words, Teri. I'll be! ;)