CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So what exactly is official? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5472)

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Maybe you're missing the point, Marcos. It's not WHAT you post but HOW you post it...You've just gotten nasty with some people and it's really not nice. You can express the things that piss you off without being a jerk about it.

that's true, I agree... but that wouldn't be fun! But if people tale what I said with a sense of humor, and not a sense of critic, it gets funny. I know it's "acid"...

Far from comparissons, but 2 examples are:
-Jango
-Hyde from "That 70's show"

:cool:

And I do know I may have opened a can of worms with the above... :scared:

But as I said previously, I won't be bugging you anymore with this attitude.

Dogstar 01-10-2004 10:46 PM

Um, nice try, but jango debates without being a jerk. I can't speak to *Hyde* of That 70's Show, because I haven't seen it.

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:50 PM

Now see what I'm saying?

The first post of this ITEE66 guy is "did you know Creed broke up?"... no $#!!... how do you expect me to react when there are dozens of threads about that all over the net when it still was fresh news...

If he had the care to browse a little on this board, he'd notice it, and get a lot of info he doesn't have... doesn't you get tempted to post a "zero tolerance" reply?

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 10:51 PM

PS: didn't meant to say Jango is a jerk, but sarcastic.

Dogstar 01-10-2004 10:53 PM

Not sure what you mean by zero tolerance reply, but I just ignore that kind of stuff because he's probably a troll. Ignore them, and they go away.

creedlvr 01-10-2004 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
doesn't you get tempted to post a "zero toleran" reply?

IF I can figure out what this even says, I think my answer is ...
NO ... I DOESN'T!!!!

Bridge of Clay 01-10-2004 11:02 PM

zero tolerance = not tolerant at all... truly being a Jackass, with capital J.

For example:

You're lighting a cigarette. Someone you know asks "Do you smoke?" and you answer "No, I don't. I'm just warming it up for the next smoker that comes by and ask me for a lighter"

You could go heavier...

TeriB19 01-11-2004 01:26 AM

Yes, I agree with Kerri about ignoring the people that come on here and say "hey, guess what, Creed broke up" because they probably are here just to stir up the crap. If you don't pay them any mind, they will go away. But Marcos, we've been family here for so long, it's just tough to see you being so negative towards those that still hold out hope. It's not about the why it's about the how. And yes, Jango ruffled some feathers, but we knew how Jango was from the get go. And we loved him, just as we love you Marcos. Now be nice. :)

Jez 01-11-2004 02:06 AM

I'm all for people joking around, but the thing about sarcasm on the internet is that it's really hard to tell sometimes when you're being sarcastic versus just plain being a jerk. There are no facial "tells", no verbal cues from which to gather an idea of what your aim is when you make comments like you do. (I'm speaking in general terms...not to anyone in particular)
Generally, when I make a sarcastic remark and I want people to know that I am in fact being sarcastic, I give some kind of visual queue to let them know...like adding an [/sarcasm] to the end of the statement. Still, this doesn't always alleviete the problem...
Sometimes when you voice little jokes or opinions, you strike a nerve with people who feel strongly about the person that you are commenting about. You can't just tell people to "lighten up" or "relax, it's only a joke" because people are entitled to have the feelings that they do.....and one can't just turn off and on those feelings at will, for the most part.

*typo

Bridge of Clay 01-11-2004 07:58 PM

exactly, Jez. I reckon I missed that. I should have posted icons... but I guess I was too lazy for that...

anyway, I hope it's all good now.

Thanks for the kind words, Teri. I'll be! ;)

TeriB19 01-11-2004 10:27 PM

Good, don't make me come down there and kick yer butt. ;)

jango 01-11-2004 10:39 PM

PS: didn't meant to say Jango is a jerk, but sarcastic.

[Holsters Magnum...]

TeriB19 01-11-2004 10:42 PM

I'll say it then, what are you gonna do about it, tough guy? :D

Bridge of Clay 01-12-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Good, don't make me come down there and kick yer butt. ;)

You won't, unless you wanna hurt your feet! :P ;)