CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Something is amiss (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10908)

eusebioCBR 05-12-2006 07:53 PM

Re: Something is amiss

so is Scott opening for them because he's that great or 'cause he needs to be linked with success:confused:

Stappishot 05-12-2006 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
Sorry to say, but INXS is hot right now. Try getting tickets. They are $65 unless you want a nosebleed! And the only seats left are the two last rows in the balcony. They are doing really well right now. Both released songs have made it in the top 20 on VH1. So, I'd say they are hot right now!

I don't care about them, so in my eyes, there not hot.

So I guess that's the KEY word they (INXS) are hot right now. Is that the same for Stapp?

Stappishot 05-12-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
so is Scott opening for them because he's that great or 'cause he needs to be linked with success:confused:

What I think is, Stapp doesn't have that big of a fan base anymore. I mean his solo tour didn't do that well. They were giving out FREE tickets to his tour! I would have been so mad :mad1: if I were him! He couldn't sell out were ever he went on his solo tour. So I think Wind-up is getting him where ever they can, because he needs fans. The bigger the OTHER band (INXS) I guess the more possible fans Stapp can get. But that's unless INXS fans like Stapp, and that we just don't know.

crest tattoo 05-12-2006 08:23 PM

As for the free tickets for Stapp, that was a gimmick for the clubs. They said they were "free" with two drink minimum at $10 a piece. So, they weren't really free.
And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.

eusebioCBR 05-13-2006 12:25 AM

And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.[/quote]

I'm still not buying it:peoplesey

Frankie 05-13-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

He couldn't sell out were ever he went on his solo tour.

I wonder where people get this idea ^^^ You can choose to believe it if you want, but it's not true.

Out of Scott's 15 shows...at least 6 of them were sold out before show time.

Atlanta, The Borgata, Foxwoods, Cleveland, Ft. Worth, and Vegas...with large crowds at all the others.

Just sayin'

eusebioCBR 05-13-2006 12:00 PM

I'm a CREED fanatic and I would like to believe^, but 6 sold out shows on a solo tour that's now an opening act...........

I just don't think so:o

LeftOfTheMurder 05-13-2006 07:36 PM

I wouldn't say Stapp is "hot" right now, or successful whatsoever. As a matter of fact, most of the hard rock community hates the man and takes him as a complete joke. And I'd have serious doubts about him selling out his dates.....I know that here in Milwaukee, I heard they were giving away tickets for free (NOT the 2 drink minimum - actually free tickets) just to get people in the doors.

I'm trying to be more realistic than negative, but in my opinion, Stapp's career is on a fast downward spiral.

Stappishot 05-13-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
I wonder where people get this idea ^^^ You can choose to believe it if you want, but it's not true.

Out of Scott's 15 shows...at least 6 of them were sold out before show time.

Atlanta, The Borgata, Foxwoods, Cleveland, Ft. Worth, and Vegas...with large crowds at all the others.

Just sayin'

I had friends that went to those shows, and they say and I quote " the top was empty just the floor was packed" So that means NOT sold out, right? Or maybe I just heard them wrong.

Stappishot 05-13-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

As for the free tickets for Stapp, that was a gimmick for the clubs. They said they were "free" with two drink minimum at $10 a piece. So, they weren't really free.
And Scott is great, so why shouldn't he be linked with success? Da.

I'm not saying he's not great, so da. Anyway. I just think he's not that good right now if he's someone opening act. He must not be doing that good if he has to open up for someone else.

crest tattoo 05-15-2006 10:46 AM

Sorry if that came off rudely. I was in a bad mood.:(

Stappishot 05-15-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

Sorry if that came off rudely. I was in a bad mood.:(

No problem, I have Finals coming up soon, so I know what's being in a bad mood is all about!!! :D ;)

crest tattoo 05-15-2006 01:30 PM

:thankyou:

Robin101 05-15-2006 06:51 PM

Scott's problem is that he pissed off a lot of people during his Creed days.

His actions not only alienated him from his bandmates but also Creed fans. Take into consideration how many people already hate the guy and you can understand why his album hasn't shifted many copies and his tours haven't been that successful - who is there left to support him and give his album a chance?

By opening for INXS it allows people who won't normally think about buying his album the chance to hear his material.

crest tattoo 05-15-2006 07:35 PM

Last paragraph-well put.
I'm the first fan to stand up for him, trust me. But look at a similiar case with Tom Cruise. His Mission Impossible 3 opened with half of what it should have. People don't want to support him anymore because of his crazy antics in public. True fans still will, and movie fanatics will, but he's offended a lot of people, me for one. I won't support him, but I may come around one day.
I hope Stapp can make a new name for himself in public. He is the only one that can, and he only can by getting out there to do it!