CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Scott Stapp AWEFUL singing at world series! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7840)

alterbridge9 10-31-2004 01:46 AM

Scott Stapp AWEFUL singing at world series!

Anyone see him butcher america the beautiful? I really can't stand him anymore but I did feel embarrased for him. He was terrible. He tried way too hard to be over dramatic "Ameriii c aaahhhh"

The Lithium 10-31-2004 03:48 AM

Yeah, I have a rip of it. Guess it was okay, not the best he can do.

Welcome to the board man!

Trimontana 10-31-2004 08:17 AM

:mad1: AGAIN!!!!!!???????

That the wrong topic in the wrong section man!!!!

Thatīs ABīs ....not Stapppīs

Man....can people read???????

Not trying to be rude but??????........

StillACreedFan 10-31-2004 09:07 AM

1- Why are you posting this 5 days after the fact?

2- Stapp sang God Bless America. Not America the Beautiful.

ctfan 10-31-2004 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterbridge9
Anyone see him butcher america the beautiful? I really can't stand him anymore but I did feel embarrased for him. He was terrible. He tried way too hard to be over dramatic "Ameriii c aaahhhh"

Jeez, why can't you get it right. It was GOD-BLESS-AMERICA. Damn, some of us get told to quit reading interviews that mention Stapp....so I have to ask, if you can't stand him anymore, why the hell did you bother to watch it???? :confused:

Trimontana 10-31-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Jeez, why can't you get it right. It was GOD-BLESS-AMERICA. Damn, some of us get told to quit reading interviews that mention Stapp....so I have to ask, if you can't stand him anymore, why the hell did you bother to watch it???? :confused:

You are damm good right!!!!

:mad:

DekWannaBFlea 10-31-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Maybe because it was during the world series......and people watch the world series.....

Dogstar 10-31-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Maybe because it was during the world series......and people watch the world series.....

:clap:

Bridge of Clay 10-31-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillACreedFan
Stapp sang God Bless America. Not America the Beautiful.

Maybe that's why it sounded horrible to him/her! lol :rolleyes:

Dogstar 10-31-2004 05:00 PM

LOL, Marcos!

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Yeah at least get the song straight and for the record I heard he was getting over a bad sinus infection............you think you could do better in front of 52,000+ people? Please be my guest...... ;)
________
Sick from wellbutrin
________
Honda Odyssey FL250 specifications

Dogstar 10-31-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
you think you could do better in front of 52,000+ people? Please be my guest...... ;)

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but whether we (as nonprofessional singers) could do better is not the point. It's not a valid comparision because we aren't professional singers.

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but whether we (as nonprofessional singers) could do better is not the point. It's not a valid comparision because we aren't professional singers.

Oh it's kinda like an arm chair quarter back okay I see. Lame excuse if you ask me. Ever think about how much Scott's health was f***ed up because he was told to suck it up?????

I can't wait to see how myles handles this.....Myles run, be afraid be very afraid.....esp if they mention predisone........from what I hear he is already having voice problems and is missing soundchecks and ummm let's see they are only how many months into touring??????????? Oh and I forgot he is a bit of a prima donna also........this is of course from the vh1 board if you care to check.

Oh and I forgot to add I personally know a friend who has been to an a/b concert.................confirms what was posted at vh1....
________
UTG EVERBLAST SPECIAL AIRSOFT SHOTGUN
________
Weed

Dogstar 10-31-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Oh it's kinda like an arm chair quarter back okay I see. Lame excuse if you ask me. Ever think about how much Scott's health was f***ed up because he was told to suck it up?????

Translation, please? What are you saying is a lame excuse?

Quote:

I can't wait to see how myles handles this.....Myles run, be afraid be very afraid.....esp if they mention predisone........from what I hear he is already having voice problems and is missing soundchecks and ummm let's see they are only how many months into touring??????????? Oh and I forgot he is a bit of a prima donna also........this is of course from the vh1 board if you care to check.

We're not talking about other performances or Myles. We're talking about the World Series and Scott Stapp. Did I miss something? If you think he did a good job, fine, but I don't.

btw, I wouldn't never bother with VH1 boards. They are full of vipers.

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 08:04 PM

Quote:

btw, I wouldn't never bother with VH1 boards. They are full of vipers.

LMAO 'cause some of them tell the truth! I happen to know someone personally who went to a a/b concert.............myles is okay but as to the others..................

Quote:

^^^^ lame excuse..............those who throw stones should not live in glass houses.

Run myles run...........

http://www.artisannewsservice.com/Pu..._AT_SERIES.htm
________
Multiple anal creampie
________
Brunette Girl Live

Dogstar 10-31-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

LMAO 'cause some of them tell the truth!

OMFG, you can't be serious. That's the best one I've heard all day.

Quote:

I happen to know someone personally who went to a a/b concert.............myles is okay but as to the others..................
WTF does this have to do with anything?

Quote:

^^^^ lame excuse..............those who throw stones should not live in glass houses.
Um, yours is the lame excuse. It's no argument for defending why he had a subpar performance.

And it's, Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

OMFG, you can't be serious. That's the best one I've heard all day.

WTF does this have to do with anything?

Um, yours is the lame excuse. It's no argument for defending why he had a subpar performance.

And it's, Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hmm subpar performance according to who? You? You are some music professional.........oh I see......hmmm............

Let's see a/b is in seattle and the cost to see them is what $9.99 to get in........that ain't gonna pay for those tour busses long now is it? Oh and let's not forget the buy one get one free...........Oh and with Brian's wonderful presence in Seattle with the Pearl Jam comment a few years ago that is sure to endear the fine folks of Seattle to a/b...........

Quote:

said it once before, but i wonder if Myles is starting to realize what he has gotten himself into? make no mistake about it, AB is MARKS band, his baby, and if Myles knows what's good for him, he best learn to bow down and kiss Marks ass and the rest of the Tremonti clan and start staying for those soundchecks to completion man. plagued by voice problems already, being pushed to perform when he's not up to par, riding in a separate bus from the others because of illness, seems to me that history is repeating itself here, but alot quicker than the past. yessir, i'd say karma is traveling pretty quickly too.
________
SUZUKI RG500 HISTORY
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Dogstar 10-31-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Hmm subpar performance according to who? You? You are some music professional.........oh I see......hmmm............

Nope, just a fan who thought he didn't nail it.

Quote:

Let's see a/b is in seattle and the cost to see them is what $9.99 to get in........that ain't gonna pay for those tour busses long now is it? Oh and let's not forget the buy one get one free...........Oh and with Brian's wonderful presence in Seattle with the Pearl Jam comment a few years ago that is sure to endear the fine folks of Seattle to a/b...........
You've lost me. This has nothing to do with anything.

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 08:30 PM

Oh really subpar performances.........think about it.

1. Myles not going to sound checks........ring a bell? Or at least not staying.

You really don't want to know more do you?
________
Streaming Fuck
________
ZOLOFT SETTLEMENT

Dogstar 10-31-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Oh really subpar performances.........think about it.

1. Myles not going to sound checks........ring a bell? Or at least not staying.

You really don't want to know more do you?

Read the title of this thread. It has nothing to do with Myles. Feel free to discuss Myles in the ALTERBRIDGE forums.

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 08:57 PM

But you claim it to be a subpar performance..............we can't discuss that here? Oh I see double standards just like another b/b I see. Whateva~
________
Free starcraft 2 strategy
________
WEBSITE DESIGN

Dogstar 10-31-2004 09:08 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are already a couple of threads discussing Stapp's performance at the World Series. In those threads, I said Scott sounded flat in some parts and didn't have command of his breathing. You are the one deflecting and trying to cloud the issue by bringing Myles into this. There is no double standard.

TeriB19 10-31-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterbridge9
Anyone see him butcher america the beautiful?

Yes, you are right. That was the worst rendition of America The Beautiful I have ever heard. He didn't even have ANY of the words right. :slap:

Quote:

Oh and I forgot he is a bit of a prima donna also........this is of course from the vh1 board if you care to check.

No, we DON'T care to check, that's why we're here and not there. Please don't bring crap from another board here.

fluttergirl 10-31-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah at least get the song straight and for the record I heard he was getting over a bad sinus infection............you think you could do better in front of 52,000+ people? Please be my guest...... ;)

Well, let's compare two professional singers.....
I dunno how much attention you've been paying to AB, but Myles has been playing concerts with the flu.
One song, GETTING OVER a sinus infection....
Back-to-back ROCK CONCERTS WITH 80+ min SETS.....
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

fluttergirl 10-31-2004 11:24 PM

As for you "knowing someone who went to an a/b show"
Whoopty. I've been. Myles was sick off his ass, and still made the show. He could barely speak between songs.
As for the Prima Donna? He waited outside and talked with anyone who wanted to talk to him, took pictures, signed everything that was asked of him. WITH the flu, looking tired as hell, 2AM in the moring, after a hellaciously good show. Prima Donna my ass.
At least he isn't CANCELING things cuz of his flu
They rescheduled every show that they couldnt make, and will honor the original tickets....
If youre gonna start shit, at least know what youre talking about.

Steve 11-01-2004 01:06 AM

BobbyMcGee,

The topic at hand in this thread is the opinion that Stapp's performance was not good. Why is it that when someone puts Stapp down you immediately start referring to Alter Bridge and "problems" you see with them? It has nothing to do with Stapp? Anytime someone says anything bad about Stapp, you immediately "bash" Alter Bridge?

And just an FYI, Myles came down with a cold and was sick. I don't know about missing practices, but they did cancel two shows because of his illness. He has since been cleared by doctors and is now performing again, at 100%. There is nothing else wrong with him.

fluttergirl 11-01-2004 01:11 AM

Ah, well. Change those last posts to "Cold" then....

Steve 11-01-2004 01:13 AM

Actually it might have been the flu. All I know is he was really sick ;) Cold or flu, it doesn't matter. He was sick and he has gotten over it now. :)

And the FYI was to Bobby. I actually didn't read your post, fluttergirl, before I made my post.

TeriB19 11-01-2004 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
BobbyMcGee,

The topic at hand in this thread is the opinion that Stapp's performance was not good. Why is it that when someone puts Stapp down you immediately start referring to Alter Bridge and "problems" you see with them? It has nothing to do with Stapp? Anytime someone says anything bad about Stapp, you immediately "bash" Alter Bridge?

And just an FYI, Myles came down with a cold and was sick. I don't know about missing practices, but they did cancel two shows because of his illness. He has since been cleared by doctors and is now performing again, at 100%. There is nothing else wrong with him.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps.......I still think he should've at least looked at the lyrics before screwing up America the Beautiful. :nut:

RMadd 11-01-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Yes, you are right. That was the worst rendition of America The Beautiful I have ever heard. He didn't even have ANY of the words right. :slap:

:hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol

Dogstar 11-01-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps.......I still think he should've at least looked at the lyrics before screwing up America the Beautiful. :nut:

:roll:

NeedforCreed 11-01-2004 02:02 PM

Scott's Singing

Hey, if you're a Cardinal fan as I, that was the highlight. Wasn't mush else to cheer about.

Dogstar 11-01-2004 02:03 PM

Awww, sorry NeedforCreed...BIG Sox fan here...almost 40 years of frustration swept away for me :D

NeedforCreed 11-01-2004 02:07 PM

I can handle it, as long as the pinstripes didn't win it.

Dogstar 11-01-2004 02:09 PM

Hehe, RIGHT ON! :D

creedlvr 11-01-2004 02:39 PM

what words did he screw up? i didn't notice any.

Dogstar 11-01-2004 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
what words did he screw up? i didn't notice any.

He didn't. If you read the first post, you'll notice the person said Scott butchered America the Beautiful, so people have been having a little fun with that, given that it was God Bless America :D

creedlvr 11-01-2004 04:41 PM

oh ... I guess I must have missed that. thanks!

Dogstar 11-01-2004 05:10 PM

No problem :)

RMadd 11-01-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedforCreed
Hey, if you're a Cardinal fan as I, that was the highlight. Wasn't mush else to cheer about.

actually, no
the flyover during the nat'l anthem was pretty tight, at least from where we were sitting
plus, i got to witness baseball history firsthand. pretty sweet stuff, even if my team lost. talking to a guy next to us who traded tix to game 5 w/ a Sox fan so he (the guy next to us) could get game 4 tix... said the Sox fan had already paid and everything whatever amount extra, but was wondering if he'd swing by to pick up the tix... pretty obvious who came out on top o' that deal lol
and there was tony womack's leadoff hit... and edgar renteria's 2... and pujols' one towards the end.... and... and... the Cards' pitching not sucking after the 3rd inning... and yelling at the home plate umpire was great b/c he sucked lol