CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wal-Mart preorder (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12773)

Mr. Prophet Man 10-22-2009 05:16 PM

Wal-Mart preorder

Just preordered the CD with the bonus DVD. Anyone know if the album has profanity in it? If it does then I just made a mistake getting it from Walmart.

Samsara 10-22-2009 05:20 PM

Re: Wal-Mart preorder

Hopefully Walmart doesn't censor it if it has profanity...

Chris98GT 10-22-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samsara
Hopefully Walmart doesn't censor it if it has profanity...

Walmart only sells censored versions. Fuck them.

Samsara 10-22-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
Walmart only sells censored versions. Fuck them.

Crap. Then we'll absolutely need to know if the record has any profanity. I want that DVD, but not if the tunes are censored.

00iceman 10-22-2009 06:01 PM

I pre-ordered from Walmart, as well. I just sent them an email to find out. Let you know if and when I hear back.

Creed009 10-22-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
Just preordered the CD with the bonus DVD. Anyone know if the album has profanity in it? If it does then I just made a mistake getting it from Walmart.

Not unless you consider the word "dammed" a curse word. But regardless, Walmart only edits f-words and s-words, and I think it's safe to say there won't be any of those. Wal Mart never edited the "God Damn" in What's this Life For on the My Own Prison album. Creed actually did that themselves on their Greatest Hits album.

00iceman 10-22-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed009
Not unless you consider the word "dammed" a curse word. But regardless, Walmart only edits f-words and s-words, and I think it's safe to say there won't be any of those. Wal Mart never edited the "God Damn" in What's this Life For on the My Own Prison album. Creed actually did that themselves on their Greatest Hits album.

Cool, thanks for the info, man.

nagpo 10-22-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
Fuck them.

Yes. I agree with this post.

:smokin:

Mr. Prophet Man 10-22-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00iceman
I pre-ordered from Walmart, as well. I just sent them an email to find out. Let you know if and when I hear back.

Thanks. I can cancel my order anytime before it ships. Hopefully I won't have to.

00iceman 10-23-2009 11:53 AM

You can all rest easy. No profanity on this album. Creed has held true to their high-class presentation, and still came up with a killer album. All hail rock-god Tremonti! \,,/

Mr. Prophet Man 10-25-2009 11:43 AM

My copy shipped yesterday so there's a small chance that I'll get it on release day.

Torn Signs 10-26-2009 11:06 AM

copying what i put at pbf with walmart frustrations:

Ugh, I had the worst experience at Wal-Mart today. I tried being polite and asking the person who puts up CDs to please check into the release date. She just told me that Michael Jackson was coming out today and that was it. And that if she even looks into it she loses her job. I asked if she could please lookup the date for me to see if I was wrong?? She grabbed some catalog thing of CD's that were supposed to come out and didn't see Full Circle in there anywhere. I asked her if there was a manager anywhere that I could talk to and she said that the person doing the DVD's is ahead of the CD's. That person just looked back at her and they started sort of fighting who puts out the CD's. I just said, "I'll go to Best Buy." She asked if it was a Best Buy exclusive item. I said, "No, it's not. I'm at Walmart because I want the special Walmart version." She just said how'd she lose her job again for even looking into it, wouldn't let me talk to a manager, wouldn't call anywhere to see.

So long story short, I went to Best Buy, politely asked the guy if he could please check on the release date for me. And in two minutes I had my copy of Full Circle.

So just a warning about Wal-mart

Steve 10-26-2009 01:34 PM

Are you saying you got a copy from Best Buy today, or you just preordered with Best Buy today?

Icedmofo 10-26-2009 01:45 PM

I think he's saying he bought a copy from BB today.

Mr. Prophet Man 10-26-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Signs
copying what i put at pbf with walmart frustrations:

Ugh, I had the worst experience at Wal-Mart today. I tried being polite and asking the person who puts up CDs to please check into the release date. She just told me that Michael Jackson was coming out today and that was it. And that if she even looks into it she loses her job. I asked if she could please lookup the date for me to see if I was wrong?? She grabbed some catalog thing of CD's that were supposed to come out and didn't see Full Circle in there anywhere. I asked her if there was a manager anywhere that I could talk to and she said that the person doing the DVD's is ahead of the CD's. That person just looked back at her and they started sort of fighting who puts out the CD's. I just said, "I'll go to Best Buy." She asked if it was a Best Buy exclusive item. I said, "No, it's not. I'm at Walmart because I want the special Walmart version." She just said how'd she lose her job again for even looking into it, wouldn't let me talk to a manager, wouldn't call anywhere to see.

So long story short, I went to Best Buy, politely asked the guy if he could please check on the release date for me. And in two minutes I had my copy of Full Circle.

So just a warning about Wal-mart

How can someone get fired for helping a customer?