CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I was on the WAWOF website and I found this. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3570)

hotforscott 06-27-2003 04:58 PM

I was on the WAWOF website and I found this.

I had never clicked on the "past" projects before and I was melting when I read all they had done since they started the foundation. I knew they had done a lot, but it was neat to read all of it. I think it is so awesome that they are able to help so many. I am sure a lot of you have seen it, but for those who may not have, here is the link:

http://www.witharmswideopen.org/pastprojects.cfm

Sheila63 06-27-2003 06:30 PM

WOW, Carrie!! Thank you so much for sharing that. I never saw the list before and I think it's sooooooo AWESOME!!! :crest: :crest:

hotforscott 06-27-2003 06:32 PM

I know, isn't that great? I just love them so much and I thought is was neat to know all that they had done. I wish more people could be like that. They are truely the best band!

souldancer 06-27-2003 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
I know, isn't that great? I just love them so much and I thought is was neat to know all that they had done. I wish more people could be like that. They are truely the best band!

...yes, they really put their lyrics into action....thanks for sharing that with us Carrie! :angel:

......Just give love to all.....

JenRN 06-27-2003 09:08 PM

I plan on making a huge donation center at work this Christmas to donate toys etc.. to the foundation. I think that it is spectacular everything they have done, how awesome!!!!:angel:

benkenobi 06-27-2003 09:10 PM

That's really awesome with all the work that orginization does, and how Creed created it!!!!!!!!

CollectiveSoul 06-27-2003 10:01 PM

very cool.

hotforscott 06-27-2003 10:10 PM

That is a good idea Jen. I will have to see what the rules at my job are. It would be good if we could all help in some way.

Sheila63 06-27-2003 10:11 PM

It is a good idea. I sent something myself last year but I'll have to look into doing that at work this year.

hotforscott 06-27-2003 10:17 PM

Yeah, I sent some stuff and then when I set a price on what I had spent, the church I went to for awhile, that Daniel's entire family goes to matched what I had spent and I was able to go buy more things to send. I felt really good about helping them with donations. It's also great that they post pictures on their site as well. To see the people you have helped, or others like them, really just makes you feel good and you know that they are so appreciative of all that they receive.

Sheila63 06-27-2003 10:28 PM

You're right, Carrie. I really enjoyed doing that last year and I look forward to contributing again this year. To me, it made the holiday more real and meaningful. It was a great feeling knowing a child/teenager was going to have something to look forward to during the holidays.:D

CollectiveSoul 06-27-2003 10:31 PM

mmmmmm chicken

Bridge of Clay 06-27-2003 10:46 PM

that´s nice! they´re a definately a different band! (I mean it in a good way!)

Kim V. 06-27-2003 10:54 PM

So nice to see, a band of their status, truly giving back, now that they've "made it". You can tell that Stapp just loves children, and loves to help those less fortunate!! Kudos to Creed for giving of themselves, beyond the music/beautiful lyrics!!

Higher_Desire 06-28-2003 01:49 PM

Yeah. It's awesome they do a lot of stuff to help people. At the begining of the Winter Session at school last year, my Professor (Sociology of Children) gave us a list of sites to pick one from to do a report on for kids, and I asked if I could use the WAWOF website, she said yes, and she said she loved it!

H-D