CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Brand new song - Surround Me! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9753)

The Lithium 10-13-2005 03:51 PM

Brand new song - Surround Me!

Lots and lots of Scott Stapp news! Head over to www.PassionBreedsFollowers.com and make sure to download the bootleg of the new song Surround Me!!

While you're there, make sure to download the Q101's Mancow's Morning Madhouse, which includes an interview with Scott. (The DJ is a total jerk this time too, he's a total AB hater and gives Scott way too much credit!!! He calls AB side-kicks who just sucks. Mark was at least 50% of that band!)
Also check out his brand new promo shot, some other new pics and a new Nescar video!

Enjoy!

INDIGOSTEVE 10-13-2005 04:54 PM

this will be his year! ready for the ride!

The Lithium 10-13-2005 05:01 PM

Yeah, since AB's looong tour will be over in a few months, then they'll head, pretty much, straight into the studio to record some new material they've already written and release a new album at the end of next summer... Yeah, now is Scott's time to shine.

titan9 10-13-2005 05:19 PM

How ironic that a DJ in Chicago is actually positive about Scott, and hates Alter Bridge. I thought that the DJ would be quite negative about Scott, considering the infamous concert there back in '02. It's a shame that the DJ had to put AB down like that.

Out of curiousity, Lith, where exactly is that DL for the new song? I'm not presently a member of the forums(I was, but my account got deleted due to inactivity), so I haven't looked there.

Thanks for posting all of this!

The Lithium 10-13-2005 05:24 PM

I can't believe Scott Stapp!! Last summer he said that was still talking to AB and that it was for sure that they were getting back together as Creed again. Now he says that he has only spoken to AB through lawyer and that even if Mark and the guys begged he wouldn't forgive 'em for what they've done! Brian was right when he said Scott is nothing but a "Pathological fucking lair".

Then he said that he was the only one with a kid... Hello, what about Flip and his daughter Cadance?

ALTER BRIDGE 4 LIFE!!!

titan9 10-13-2005 05:25 PM

Hmm, kinda contradicts what he just said a week ago in that Columbus interview. Didn't he say that he has forgiven them?

The Lithium 10-13-2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Hmm, kinda contradicts what he just said a week ago in that Columbus interview. Didn't he say that he has forgiven them?

Yeah, I just don't care anymore... I think Scott is handleing these interviews so very, very bad that I just start to dislike him again... A LOT!!!!

titan9 10-13-2005 05:31 PM

I don't, either. He handled the interviews last year much better. Like I've said before, though, I try not to let it interfere in whether I like his music or not. I'm still a fan of the work he has done as a musician, despite some of the idiotic things he may say/do.

The Lithium 10-13-2005 05:34 PM

Well to me, what he says is a part of him and I can't support someone I hate. Now, I try not to start to hate Stapp, but well... The guy's a jerk, and he prooves it!

titan9 10-13-2005 05:37 PM

See, I've said this a ton, but I try to separate the actual music from the person. I'll worship the music, but I sure as heck won't worship the person, because I don't know what they are truly like. I can't base my opinions about an artist based on what he/she says in an interview. An artist could come off(in an interview) as an extremely nice person, yet in all actuality, be a complete jerk, or vice versa. Unless I personally know the artist, I'm not going to let what he/she says/does factor into whether I like said artist or not. That's just me, though.

The Lithium 10-13-2005 05:59 PM

One thing I know is that Alter Bridge are too into it to just be acting. I read a message on ABB.net from Michael where he called out to get a girl named Julia, something. She had won a competition on The Zone 9.11, Chicago. The price was to visit Mark's house and watch the guys preform an intimate acoustic set for her. However the competition was somehow called off, although Julia had already won.

But Michael did post this message 'cause he was pretty sure Julia was a big fan who problably were on ABB.net. So they tried to find her, so she could get her price anyway Michael ended his message with: "Alter Bridge never lets a fan down".

You gotta love it to do something like that!

Trimontana 10-13-2005 06:00 PM

Awful song. I really think he should have called his album "Creed-album no 4" its a copy of Creed songs.

The Lithium 10-13-2005 06:01 PM

Yeah, I always thought Stapp would never make it without Mark... Turnes out he can... If he copies everything Mark has ever done for Creed.

Chase 10-13-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Awful song. I really think he should have called his album "Creed-album no 4" its a copy of Creed songs.

Give me a break... Alter Bridge plays Creed-like tunes also. "Down To My Last," "Broken Wings," "Shed My Skin," and "Open Your Eyes." They have Creed written all over it.

Torn Signs 10-13-2005 08:12 PM

It's a good song, better than the Great Divide. At least The Great Divide's music video is pretty good though :) .