CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ANYBODY need a good laugh..LOOK (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1435)

creedchick02 01-20-2003 08:18 PM

ANYBODY need a good laugh..LOOK

HI all, as you all know i am on another forum and this question was asked by another poster "HOW DO YOU REALLY FEEL ABOUT CREED" well majority again said that they rocked, however 2 did not, well this one poster decided to educate me on why CREED are so popular, I just wanted to share the conversation i had with her only cause i think you guys need a good laugh and trust me i laughed,

QUOTE]Originally posted by creedchick02:
MEDUSA

(THIS IS MEDUSA)
And just because a band has plenty of record sales doesn't mean they're good, it just means they're popular and sheep follow sheep, don't they?

(THIS IS ME)
BAAAAAHAHA.....SHOW ME THE WAY TO MULLET LAND..

CAN you tell me how a band is'nt any good, but get popular anyway....and did you follow a DISTURBED sheep to get here....YES there are plenty of people that do not like CREED FINE with me BUT you are saying 1 person err sheep in this case told another to like a certain band than without likeing them, sheep #2 said O.K and told sheep #3, TILL they got to 25 MILLION, DON'T like them i don't care much....but you certainly know more details about them than most people.MMMMMM..i wonder why.................

(AND This is her reason why creed are popular)( A little long but the end is worth it)

Again, just because a band sells out the record store doesn't mean they have talent. It just means they have crowd appeal. In terms of group dynamics, the general nature of people is to follow the trend of what's popular, to go along with the crowd so that they are not *gasp* seen as different. You can find many sociological studies to back this point up. Or to put it more blatantly and in examples that might be simple enough for you to comprehend, take my previous examples of pop musicians, i.e. female popstresses who seem to be sitting on their throne for the moment like Britney Spears or Madonna when she had a heyday. Granted these two have sex appeal and can attract a crowd based on their looks and their connivingly orchestrated sex infested videos. But do they have talent? No. Did Spears even write one of her songs? The judge is still out on that one. And word has it that Madonna is heading back to the studio for her latest effort to re-record because it was too harsh on the ears.

On a larger scale, this is evident in our capitalistic society. In a world in which people have become blinded by the sharp light of mass marketing - where everything is put in front of their faces for easy accessibility, people start to get lazy. They buy the products they see on TV, they buy the music that they hear on the radio or see for sale at Best Buy, they pay big money for tickets to the latest "blockbuster" staring Tom Cruise.

I myself make my own clothes, don't even own a TV and search out music that many of you haven't even heard of. I don't believe life should be lead by the preaching of others. I believe in discovery and self-worth and I will invest my money in art forms that actually deserve it, art forms that will benefit the people. If I were to invest my money in Creed, I would just be giving the practice of prostitution a thumbs up.

Like I said, I had Creed's first album before anybody really knew who they were. And yes I enjoyed it initially for its musical value. But the instant the music was placed to the wayside for the people and the fame and the egos to take over, I stopped listening. It was no longer about the music, but the image. The same image that would sell out arenas all over the country where little kids empty their piggy banks for a $50 tickets just to see Scott Stapp mumbling to himself and humming along with the verse because he forgot the words.

True musicians develop their talents, it is ever changing and it gets better. Bad musicians (the one hit wonders) stay the same and produce record after record of monotony of cookie cutter proportions. Why do they do this? Because it works. It's the simple economic truth of supply and demand. At one point, the music of Creed was in demand. It sold records for those hopping on the bandwagon of what was popular that week. So what does Creed do? Like any good businessmen, they make two more albums that sound exactly the same so that the blind who invested their money in them the first round (and who have come to trust in a product that won't change) will pay even more money for their record now that they have become popular and the retail price has skyrocketed by 45%. The minute that the music becomes the business is when I stop caring. And I don't mean fame -for truly deserved fame comes to those who have earned it and kudos to them but shame on the musicians who are just in the business to make a buck. There's a difference between selling albums and selling out.

The secret behind Creed and the mass of bands just like them is a good promoter. He's like the little man behind the screen in "The Wizard of Oz". He went to school, studied hard, got his degree and now promotes bands to the American populace. He knows the target audience, he knows the image they want. And he does a damn good job.

As far as Disturbed goes, again my ex used to work with them as well. I knew about the band before most in Chicago knew of them. They were fresh, had good talent and worked with a grass-roots approach to get their name out there. For all their hard work and effort they got where they are today. And they stay there because they have talent and the confidence to move forward instead of staying still.

(AND This is MY answer to her long winded story..)LOL

creedchick02

posted January 18, 2003 09:59 AM
LOL HEY MEDUSA.........BITE ME

:D

hotforscott 01-20-2003 08:51 PM

Send the little twirp my email address, I will give her a what for on a band starting from the bottom without the help of the media. You can tell she doesn't own a TV, she has no clue about Creed and what they are about. As for making her own clothes, I hope she looks good in them because once she opens her mouth, it's all downhill from there.

JenRN 01-20-2003 09:12 PM

Carrie you crack me up! Yeah this girl sounds like one of those freaks who tries not to pay taxes and doesn't bathe for a week to "protect the water supply" Sounds to me like she has "issues" I myself think all of Creed's Cd's sound different! People are ALWAYS gonna rip on Stapp and Creed, but hey it is thier loss so who cares right?

Dogstar 01-20-2003 09:14 PM

OMG am ROTFL from all the mixed metaphors...As a person who makes a living with words, it pains me to see someone butcher the English language like that...YIKES....

And what is wrong with a band becoming well-known? What, it's not cool to like a band once they get some recognition? So MOP becomes unlistenable because this person didn't like HC or Weathered? Seriously flawed logic. You can't tell me any musician is making music simply for music's sake. They all do it to make a living because that's what they love doing. Economics are a part of the equation. It doesn't mean they have to sell out creatively if they can find their niche in the market. Not every musician needs to get to arena-rock status. There are plenty who do quite well playing small venues and cranking out quality stuff. I'll admit I hope that Creed take a few more chances musically, now that they have established themselves as marketable. The crest they are on can't last forever, either. They may never see 11 million sales with whatever they do next.

TeriB19 01-20-2003 09:18 PM

LMAO @ Jen! Protect the water supply! :roll:

I think that Medusa needs to get off the crack pipe.

hotforscott 01-20-2003 09:21 PM

I know you guys, she contradicted herself more then once and rambled on so much that I had to start from the beginning atleast 4 times. I am sure it was killin' you Dogstar, it seems like she doesn't own a book either. I am sure she recycles too Jen and only spends the 2 cents per can, on a band that "deserves it". What a FRUIT LOOP!

hotforscott 01-20-2003 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
LMAO @ Jen! Protect the water supply! :roll:

I think that Medusa needs to get off the crack pipe.

LMAO, gosh Teri, you kill me!

Dogstar 01-20-2003 09:22 PM

LOL@fruit loop..:P :P

creedchick02 01-20-2003 09:37 PM

I just wanted to show you guys the sheer intellegence of some creed haters, She did seem to think she knew what she was talking about though.........and for me i hope she does'nt get dumb again and start liking creed, that is one person i do not want to meet at a show, CAN you imagine that conversation:eek:

:dancing:

hotforscott 01-20-2003 09:45 PM

It would be like talking to a wall!

TeriB19 01-20-2003 09:46 PM

A wall that smokes crack. Some people need to get out more.

JenRN 01-20-2003 09:51 PM

The converstaion will be about how to properly bathe yourself and how to conserve water and stay clean at the same time!:lol:

TeriB19 01-20-2003 09:55 PM

Then she'd go around the arena collecting plastic bottles and cans for recycling.

creedchick02 01-20-2003 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JenRN
The converstaion will be about how to properly bathe yourself and how to conserve water and stay clean at the same time!:lol:

LOL......Hey now maybe she could give us some tips on how to make our own creed tee-shirts, i know it would save me a bundle:D :roll:

TeriB19 01-20-2003 10:03 PM

Damn, Creedchick, that is a great idea!! We could have her make us a bunch and sell them at a profit! Think she'd get off the pipe long enough to agree?