CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   creed and pearl jam (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11770)

creedmarine81 09-04-2007 03:46 PM

creed and pearl jam

i dont know one irritating comparison i hear alot is how creed sounds like pearl jam........ i dont see no similarity at all ...... vedders voice is not even as strong as stapps ... pearl jam is good but them and creed sound so different.. anybody with an opinion

J.T. 09-04-2007 04:00 PM

Re: creed and pearl jam

No I don't really see the similarities. But people are going to cream you with rants on how Vedders voice is better than Stapps...I don't agree, it just happens a lot.

bilal 09-04-2007 05:19 PM

this IS an IRRITATING comparison

They both sound different and they both have different singing styles..... Eddie Vedder has been singing for over 17 years now and has done all sorts of songs... from his early youth years of Ten and Vs till the very melodic undertones of Binaural and Riot Act....... Scott has his own Baritone.... Musically, Creed and Pearl Jam are way way different....

no Comparison!.. save for one that they both are AWESOME bands....

Scorpion King 09-04-2007 05:26 PM

There are some similarities between their voices, but not enough to warrant the accusations that Stapp ripped off Vedder's vox. Now, there have been countless incidents of things like that really happening. For example, alot of the singers in eighties hard rock bands sounded like banshees on their period (don't get me wrong, I love bands like Poison and Tesla, but they all had these high-pitched similar vocals). Trivium has been sounding a little too much like James Hetfield of late. Visions Of Atlantis sounds really similar to Nightwish. And there are other examples. But I don't think that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is valid. They are two different bands with two different messages and two different sounds.

Now I will say this; as much as I love Creed, it has not made the same impact on music as Pearl Jam has. While Creed's effect on the industry was largely temporary, Pearl Jam has had a much greater impact. Not saying that Pearl Jam is a better band, but it will be remembered by more people than will Creed, and it deserves to.

Agent D 09-05-2007 05:20 PM

I always thought it was interesting before I started listening to Pearl Jam and really becoming a fan of theirs. Suddenly, I realized what people were talking about.

Dogstar 09-06-2007 01:52 AM

As much as I love Creed, Eddie Vedder a bajillion times the lyricist Scott Stapp could ever be. He's an amazing storyteller, both in words and voice.

Ana4Stapp 09-06-2007 05:38 AM

Well I have to confess that at the beginning I saw similarities about their voices...wasnt sure who was singing....but like Bilal pointed here....they were/are awesome bands, so no comparison. ;)

J.T. 09-06-2007 04:13 PM

Scott Stapp pwns Eddit Vedder.

bilal 09-07-2007 01:05 PM

-

Redeemer 09-12-2007 05:53 PM

Fail -.- Eddie pwns Scott. I mean, look at PJ's career. You cannot deny that kind of success...and I don't mean success as far as sales or anything like that. I mean success as far as impact.

As far as Vedder and Stapp sounding alike, that's just bull. They may have some trace similarities, but not enough to warrant a whole argument. I mean, Ved's got a whole different style going on. Completely different. So what's the deal?

People sure as hell like to find random things to argue about.

HeavensOnFire 09-13-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion King
There are some similarities between their voices, but not enough to warrant the accusations that Stapp ripped off Vedder's vox. Now, there have been countless incidents of things like that really happening. For example, alot of the singers in eighties hard rock bands sounded like banshees on their period (don't get me wrong, I love bands like Poison and Tesla, but they all had these high-pitched similar vocals). Trivium has been sounding a little too much like James Hetfield of late. Visions Of Atlantis sounds really similar to Nightwish. And there are other examples. But I don't think that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is valid. They are two different bands with two different messages and two different sounds.

Now I will say this; as much as I love Creed, it has not made the same impact on music as Pearl Jam has. While Creed's effect on the industry was largely temporary, Pearl Jam has had a much greater impact. Not saying that Pearl Jam is a better band, but it will be remembered by more people than will Creed, and it deserves to.

well my thread was to long haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lolsign: i,ll have to make my own to comment yours i

Buddah 10-23-2007 03:02 PM

Is this a time warp?

Buddah 10-23-2007 03:07 PM

i swore this was a topic of conversation about 10 years ago

who the hell still cares about scott stapp or creed for that matter?

Buddah 10-23-2007 03:09 PM

I do!

Buddah 10-23-2007 03:14 PM

Vedder wish he could write songs like stapp