CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott's heritage (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=643)

Wind 11-25-2002 04:56 PM

Scott's heritage

I heard that Scott has some American Indian ancestry?Is that true?I am American Indian mix,my tribe is Lenape and I'm also English and German.

creedfan47a 11-25-2002 05:44 PM

Yeah, I think he is 1/16th Cherokee Indian.

JenRN 11-25-2002 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by creedfan47a
Yeah, I think he is 1/16th Cherokee Indian.

Yep you are right! :D

Read JDM 11-25-2002 10:23 PM

Is it actually 1/16th, though? I thought it was slightly stronger than that.

JenRN 11-25-2002 10:26 PM

I am not to sure, I know his grandparents have Cherokee in them, not to sure of how strong and if it is both of the gradparents on his mother's side. I can definately see the Cherokee in him though, I had a friend in college who was Cherokee, and Scott reminds me a lot of him! But the exact ratio I am not sure!

faceless kiwi 11-25-2002 10:27 PM

No i think that is right.

Xterminator27 11-25-2002 10:29 PM

Their natives not indians. They hate being called indians cuz there not from india

Wind 11-26-2002 08:26 AM

Indians

Well,I'm Native american,I don't mind being called Indian,it's better then Little Pocahontas or some other choice things I've heard from people about my heritage.Indian is mild.Actually we call each other Skins.

TeriB19 11-26-2002 11:40 AM

Wind I have a question for you and I mean absolutely no disrespect by it. There is always controversy about sports teams names, Redskins, Braves, etc. Is this a discriminatory feeling among the majority of Native Americans? Or is it just a handful who are against the nicknames being used? I was always curious about this. Are these names considered derogatory by most people of your heritage? And please, I hope this is not an offensive question.

Read JDM 11-26-2002 07:21 PM

I'd also like to know your take on the team-naming thing. I personally see a name like Braves as honoring a heroic image. Also, as a white guy, I'd have no problem if some team was named the Wasps or something like that -- not a direct comparison (I think) but you get the point.

Wind 11-26-2002 11:46 PM

names

I don't find it insulting,after all they are just teams,but I think other natives find it insulting.I really don't mind like the braves or names like that.Redskins isn't to nice,but it really doesn't bother me that much.But I think that they weren't meant to be deragotory when they made the names for the teams.I just don't like the names people say to me,like where I used to work,one guy called me a hot little pocahontas or they used to say How? to me,or stupid things like am I a indian giver and then just say insulting things about native people.

DangerousDan85 11-27-2002 01:02 AM

Kiss me I'm IRISH.

Read JDM 11-27-2002 12:40 PM

Re: names

Quote:

Originally posted by Wind
I just don't like the names people say to me,like where I used to work,one guy called me a hot little pocahontas.

But that's different, and wrong.

TeriB19 11-27-2002 01:50 PM

Re: names

Quote:

Originally posted by Wind
I don't find it insulting,after all they are just teams,but I think other natives find it insulting.I really don't mind like the braves or names like that.Redskins isn't to nice,but it really doesn't bother me that much.But I think that they weren't meant to be deragotory when they made the names for the teams.I just don't like the names people say to me,like where I used to work,one guy called me a hot little pocahontas or they used to say How? to me,or stupid things like am I a indian giver and then just say insulting things about native people.

Thanks for sharing your perspective on this, Wind. Always good to hear different points of views on different issues.

Dan, kiss me, I'm Irish too.