CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What direction do you want AB to go for the next album? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10119)

alterbridge9 12-06-2005 12:45 AM

What direction do you want AB to go for the next album?

Heavier?
Softer?
Same?

My vote would definetely be to make it heavier to shut up any doubters that they will end up comercial like creed was towards the end

evyllsummer 12-06-2005 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterbridge9
Heavier?
Softer?
Same?

My vote would definetely be to make it heavier to shut up any doubters that they will end up comercial like creed was towards the end

well, they have said in a few recent interviews that they will be going into the direction of "Metalingus" for the second album, so looks like you may be getting your wish...

sina2b 12-06-2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
well, they have said in a few recent interviews that they will be going into the direction of "Metalingus" for the second album, so looks like you may be getting your wish...

very likely, i think ive heard what a big fan of the metalish sounds (if thats a word) Mark is.

RoffeDH 12-06-2005 05:39 AM

You're kidding right, they'll do a pop album! Just as ODR is!!!

Just kidding ;) They've been recorded to say that there wont be any ballad on their next album! Just hardrock/metall! ;)

Don't think they'll do it to shut up any doubters though, they all love metall so it's no wounder they'll do ii that way!

uncertaindrumer 12-06-2005 09:26 AM

I'm definitley hoping we get the metallish album we have been promised...

GregS 12-06-2005 12:17 PM

Oh hell yeah.. More metalingus/watch your words type songs ? yayness ! :D

titan9 12-06-2005 12:55 PM

More songs like FTR/Metalingus/The End Is Here/Burn It Down. Less songs like Broken Wings. Don't get me wrong, BW isn't bad, it's just not up to the standard set by the other tracks I mentioned. I wouldn't mind seeing a ballad on the new CD, but if they go for a more metal-ish sound, I'll be pleased with that.

Dogstar 12-06-2005 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
I'm definitley hoping we get the metallish album we have been promised...

Same here.

Unforgiven Fan 12-06-2005 01:21 PM

it will be intresting if they have myles playing the guitar on the next album, I heard and seen bits and peices and the different stlye almost between mark and myles (correct me if I am wrong on that) should make a great sound if they mesh it up right. But I will just be happier if they go heavier on the next album and if they stay away from stuff like bw, which is a great song but not the right sound for ab....

The Lithium 12-06-2005 01:40 PM

Heavier - they have said that several times

Agent D 12-06-2005 06:49 PM

I'd still like a ballad or two despite the heavier vibe.

Ana4Stapp 12-06-2005 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
it will be intresting if they have myles playing the guitar on the next album, I heard and seen bits and peices and the different stlye almost between mark and myles (correct me if I am wrong on that) should make a great sound if they mesh it up right. But I will just be happier if they go heavier on the next album and if they stay away from stuff like bw, which is a great song but not the right sound for ab....

It will be VERY interesting IF they have Myles writing the songs on the next album ... ;)

Ana4Stapp 12-06-2005 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I'd still like a ballad or two despite the heavier vibe.

I can easily see this possibility, at least one ballad...written by... Myles...

WOW!!!! :cloud9:

lol

Wylde-Tremonti 12-06-2005 10:46 PM

Better Guitar Tones... Increased Soloing Technique... Same Writing Style

evyllsummer 12-07-2005 02:41 AM

yeah, I think that they should have one ballad...it would be a shame to not let Myles really take his voice to the heights of which it's capable...for the most part, he's probably going to be taking it "down a notch" for the next album...