CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I was just listening to some of Creed's old music and... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7504)

Xterminator27 09-23-2004 10:39 PM

Heres an idea..
WHO CARES? You like creed alot? good for you, im tired of people bullshitting each other about who is better, how about WHY DOES IT MATTER? I love creed and alterbridge, making a favorite is pointless, and arguing about your favorite is even more pointless. Just listen to it, enjoy it all and thats that. No point in arguing about superiourity because its just plane stupid.

The Lithium 09-24-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
Sure #5 was a good debut but now, what, six weeks later....

You just posted that to be negative.

Quote:

See, your stating that Metallica is one of the best bands ever...is your opinion...I just don't happen to share it with the same enthusiasm you do.

Come on, we're on this forum to talk to each other, and each others opinions!! Metallica was just an exemple, and I like them, that's my opinion. I never said you couldn't have yours! You said: "I don't like them", I said: "I like them". Just drop it!!

Quote:

just like I don't care for Alter Bridge because I don't share your taste in music.

No, and I am totally okay with that, if your opinion comforts you I don't care for it, but you seem to have problems with mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
1. Record sales don't not tell how good a band is.

I loved your whole post man!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariyanine
Lith, I would gladly not read your posts except you post your opinion to evrything. So it is kind of hard to escape.

Listen, I don't like you either darling, feel free to put me on your "Ignore List", and you won't see my posts anymore!! I don't wanna start a fight with anyone, but you guys are turning every word I say against me!

I also liked X's post!!

luvscott4ever 09-24-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Shit! That has to be the first time I agree with you.

Creed owns. I love AB to the bone, but I still like Creed better. Maybe coz it was my First Love! The first band I truly cared about and influenced me in such positive ways.

AMEN TO THAT!! That's EXACTLY how I feel....I don't LOVE AB, but I do like them ALOT!! The last couple of days, I've been in a Creed mood...yesterday at work I listened to all 3 cd's, working my way back from Weathered, up to their BEST...My Own Prison...which I happen to be listening to again, RIGHT NOW!! ;) (Sister, is the song playing at the moment!!)

The Lithium 09-24-2004 03:58 PM

Damn, I really love that song!! :D Don't you get me wrong now guys, I'm still a huge Creed fan, they will always have a special place in my heart that no one can re-place. And so has AB, and ODR is a freaking insane record!! :rockon:

Jooji_2 09-24-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
You just posted that to be negative.

I posted it because it's reality. Hasn't everyone here who wishes Stapp well been told to be realistic...to look at things the way they are? Record sales don't indicate if a band is good or not...I agree. But record sales are what determines if a band is gonna make it. If ya got enough cash to record, release and sell your own records, then you got the bucks to do what you want. But record companies aren't in it for the "fun". They are in it to make money....just like any other big corporation. CD's that don't sell big aren't making their record companies money....so at some point the record company has to look at what they are getting in return for their investment. It may not be fair to the bands out there that can't find huge fan bases....but its the reality of the music business.

And to the person who claims that ODR has sold almost a million copies...can you point me to a link on a reputable website that states that. Their largest sales numbers were 95,000 in one week...their first. I'm sure they may be close to selling a "gold" record....but one million copies?

Call me negative if you want.....but I don't make the statements without facts that back them up. I've never come here and said that Alter Bridge would suck. I actually listened to them before I decided it wasn't something I was particularly interested in. Two people can both look at the very same thing, and both see it differently. I've never said I hope they crashed and burned...anyone who knows me and the places I post will tell you I've always said I wished them luck. If others here can speculate and postulate about Stapp's personal life and say he needs to relearn music...then why can't we realistically discuss what's going on with Alter Bridge? No one hesitates to start a discussion about Stapp, especially if it's something negative. But, why does every discussion of Alter Bridge have to be void of any criticism at all. That makes it a very obvious double standard...the way I see it.

I actually wish them "ALL" of them luck and hope that they all end up doing what truly makes them happy. :D

The Lithium 09-24-2004 06:14 PM

Well, ODR have sold way better than what MOP did first month!! MOP sure didn't sold gold in 2 or 3 days!!

kariyanine 09-24-2004 07:53 PM

actually ODR didnt go gold in 2-3 days either and MOP didnt have the hype behind it but whatever.

Jooji_2 09-25-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
Well, ODR have sold way better than what MOP did first month!! MOP sure didn't sold gold in 2 or 3 days!!

Actually I understand from info. posted at another board that One Day Remains has sold approximately 229,386 copies to date. (That is posted at the Metal Sludge website) Thats not quite half way to gold. It won't get an RIAA gold certification until it sells 500,000 copies.

Creed was unknown when they released MOP. Alter Bridge has been hyped as the "original members of Creed minus Scott Stapp" for months now.

Xterminator27 09-25-2004 02:30 AM

Yhea so backstreet Boys sold more singles then creed, man they must be WAY better

DekWannaBFlea 09-25-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

I posted it because it's reality. Hasn't everyone here who wishes Stapp well been told to be realistic...to look at things the way they are? Record sales don't indicate if a band is good or not...I agree. But record sales are what determines if a band is gonna make it. If ya got enough cash to record, release and sell your own records, then you got the bucks to do what you want. But record companies aren't in it for the "fun". They are in it to make money....just like any other big corporation. CD's that don't sell big aren't making their record companies money....so at some point the record company has to look at what they are getting in return for their investment. It may not be fair to the bands out there that can't find huge fan bases....but its the reality of the music business.

And to the person who claims that ODR has sold almost a million copies...can you point me to a link on a reputable website that states that. Their largest sales numbers were 95,000 in one week...their first. I'm sure they may be close to selling a "gold" record....but one million copies?

Call me negative if you want.....but I don't make the statements without facts that back them up. I've never come here and said that Alter Bridge would suck. I actually listened to them before I decided it wasn't something I was particularly interested in. Two people can both look at the very same thing, and both see it differently. I've never said I hope they crashed and burned...anyone who knows me and the places I post will tell you I've always said I wished them luck. If others here can speculate and postulate about Stapp's personal life and say he needs to relearn music...then why can't we realistically discuss what's going on with Alter Bridge? No one hesitates to start a discussion about Stapp, especially if it's something negative. But, why does every discussion of Alter Bridge have to be void of any criticism at all. That makes it a very obvious double standard...the way I see it.

I actually wish them "ALL" of them luck and hope that they all end up doing what truly makes them happy. :D

1. My bad i meant 100,000

2. its been a month, you can't tell how bad they are going to sell.

3. Radios are giving AB's live preformences good reviews, thus it's good advertisement, thus more fans.

4. They will pick up noncreed fans to replace those creed fans who don't like AB.

5. I never said you couldn't critique AB, I have given many concerns i have had as well.

The Lithium 09-25-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariyanine
actually ODR didnt go gold in 2-3 days either and MOP didnt have the hype behind it but whatever.

Actually it did!! Here's a post from Micheal August 12th:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
After the performance an amazing thing happened.
Steve Lerner(president of Wind Up) presented the guys with their certified gold record plaques.
Remember that gold is 500,000 copies shipped and actually Wind Up shipped around 750,000 units.

Hate to say I told you so!! I could PM the whole post from Micheal to you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
Yhea so backstreet Boys sold more singles then creed, man they must be WAY better

Haha, man I love ya!! :D

Quote:

Creed was unknown when they released MOP. Alter Bridge has been hyped as the "original members of Creed minus Scott Stapp" for months now.

Soooo? They still sold gold smartie!!

farmgirl 09-25-2004 11:05 AM

"Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) After the performance an amazing thing happened.
Steve Lerner(president of Wind Up) presented the guys with their certified gold record plaques.
Remember that gold is 500,000 copies shipped and actually Wind Up shipped around 750,000 units"

Okay, I'm confused. Can someone please explain this to me? A cd cannot be certified Gold until it sells 500,000 copies right? Shipping 500,000 to record stores doesn't mean those 500,000 are going to sell. So if that's correct, how can the guys have received certified gold plaques for cd's shipped, not sold? That # of 229,386 is supposed to be the amount sold as of 9/24/04. I don't get it. :(

TeriB19 09-25-2004 12:12 PM

Rose, I believe that 500,000 SHIPPED gets certified gold.

Steve 09-25-2004 01:38 PM

The RIAA awards are based on SHIPPED not SOLD as far as I know.

ctfan 09-25-2004 03:35 PM

From the RIAA wesbsite....

"The RIAA® Gold® and Platinum® Awards program was launched in 1958 in an effort to create a standard by which to measure sales of a sound recording. In the beginning, there was only a Gold® album award for the sale of 500,000 copies. As the industry grew, other awards were developed. The Platinum® award (1,000,000 sold) was created in 1976 and with the advent of the compact disc and the subsequent increase in sales, the Multi-Platinum™ award was created in 1984. On March 16, 1999, the RIAA® launched the Diamond® Awards, honoring sales of 10 million copies or more of an album or single."

It's 500,000 SOLD, not shipped.