CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed bootlegs (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5652)

Agent D 01-26-2004 08:15 PM

Haha ok then.

Dogstar 01-27-2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
Nope, you don't need a high speed modem. Dial up is fine, it will just take you longer to get the stuff.....but then, I don't predict that my computer has a hot date or anything that would necessitate the need for you to rush. ;) Take it at your own speed. :)

Thanks, Jez :)...I have mIRC, but I have had trouble staying connected with it. It has bumped me off repeatedly every time I've tried to use it. I thought maybe it had something to do with my having dial-up

Jez 01-27-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Thanks, Jez :)...I have mIRC, but I have had trouble staying connected with it. It has bumped me off repeatedly every time I've tried to use it. I thought maybe it had something to do with my having dial-up

Perhaps you're in need of an update on the program? Are you running the latest version? If you are unsure, I can get you the link to a combo installation of mIRC and invision. Invision is a plugin in for mirc that let's you use a somewhat different interface to access the board/chat/files. It's sooooooo cool! No more typing in dos commands.....simply click your way thru. It even talks to you to tell you what's going on.
I don't know why you're having problems...I have not ever bee just booted from the system unless there is a netsplit, and then everyone is disconnected for a very short time....but then it re-connects you without you having to prompt it. Maybe you should give this other thing a try? I"ll pm you with info if you're interested.

Dogstar 01-27-2004 01:17 PM

Yes, please do. I appreciate it. Thanks.

AlanCart 01-27-2004 08:46 PM

hey jez, it looks like you know your stuff pretty well,

im having trouble using mirc i can do everything up to the part where you have to type "get and the file name" i cant get past that, i type get and whatever the file says , and then it says invalid something, i forgot.

could someone help me out?

hide 01-27-2004 11:50 PM

if anyone can help me out in getting House of Blues ( i don't have my own comp to download them at this stage) and other Creed performances of a high standard could you let me know here or email at [email protected]

Jez 01-28-2004 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanCart
hey jez, it looks like you know your stuff pretty well,

im having trouble using mirc i can do everything up to the part where you have to type "get and the file name" i cant get past that, i type get and whatever the file says , and then it says invalid something, i forgot.

could someone help me out?

Hello AlanCart :) Welcome to the board, for starters. I don't claim to know everything but perhaps I know why you're having the problems that you are. I think that you are accidently copying the entire file name instead of just the necessary information. You need to copy and paste (after the get command) the file name all the way up to and including they type of file that it is (.mpg, for example) but do NOT include the actual filesize that follows.

Wait, lol.....I just looked in my DCC log and it says that you have successfully received a few things from me this evening while I was out....so you must be doing something right! I also see that the last time that you tried to access my server that you forgot to put the / in front of the ctcp for me.....then you left, probably out of frustration. Don't worry, you'll get it ;) There is a program that is like a plugin for mIRC called invision....I think you saw me explaining it to Dogstar earlier. Are you interested in this?
Here is the link to the site where you can get invision as a stand alone program (you must be using version 6.12 of mIRC) or if you don't have version 6.12, you can download the invision/mirc combo. It's on the left side. I hope I helped you at least a little bit :)

Jez 01-28-2004 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
if anyone can help me out in getting House of Blues ( i don't have my own comp to download them at this stage) and other Creed performances of a high standard could you let me know here or email at [email protected]

Hide, send me a pm like I asked you to in my first reply to you on page one.

creedtri 01-28-2004 11:02 AM

Hey Jez or someone I need some help with that mirc thing. All I need to know is how to use the "get" command? I tried typing get<space>Filename it didn't seem to work and kept saying invalid file name. If someone could help me on this one thing I would greatly appreciate it. I get into the myowncreed and get in the in concerts dir but then just don't know how to download the files.

Thanks,
Kurt

oh and by the way I'm new here sup guys
________
Meta one
________
Ford excursion

Jez 01-28-2004 11:28 AM

Hello, Kurt..welcome to the board :)

Did you read my post to AlanCart a couple up? It's probably the same thing you're doing.

Bridge of Clay 01-28-2004 07:44 PM

welcome, newbie...

Jez, if I may ask you what my problem is... I d/eded all the softwares, but I can't connect to any server... I dunno what to do

Bridge of Clay 01-28-2004 07:55 PM

what server do you use?

It seems I need to send an e-mail do EFNet so I can connect...

Jez 01-29-2004 05:05 PM

Sorry that I didn't see this until just now.

Maybe you have something in your options that is not right. Did you use a tutorial in order to do the set up? I can get on some form of Instant messenger, if necessary, if you need me to walk you thru the set up.

Bridge of Clay 01-29-2004 07:09 PM

I don't know... A message appeared saying I'd have to register on the server...

What server do you use? (on options thing: DALnet, EFnet, etc...)

AlanCart 01-29-2004 07:35 PM

EFnet

hey jez, the version of mIRC i have says its not registered and i have 28days left , is this like a trial version or do i have to register it ?