CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   a perfect circle- thirteenth step (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4540)

stargirl 10-04-2003 10:21 PM

a perfect circle- thirteenth step

I have just brought this Album and i am starting to really love it!

Anybody else got it?

Dogstar 10-04-2003 10:43 PM

Yes! It is awesome. Is Maynard's voice gorgeous on this CD or what? My fave tracks so far are The Package, The Noose, Weak and Powerless, The Nurse Who Loved Me (wayyyy trippy!) and Pet. Wicked awesome album!

stargirl 10-04-2003 11:08 PM

couldn't agree more!!! :)

luvscott4ever 10-05-2003 03:40 AM

It's APC (Maynard) it's gotta be GREAT!! But so far I'd have to say I like the first one better....I thought The Nurse Who Loved Me was pretty weird, not one of my favs, but I'd listen, It's MAYNARD for God sakes!! :D

I think Maynard is a Rock N Roll God (w/Scott of course) I think he has one of the MOST incredible voices!! :D

Lechium 10-05-2003 12:40 PM

good album, yes.
bit TOO mellow, especially taking in concideration Twiggy Ramirez joined them on this one, but all in all a good album.

Aimee 10-05-2003 01:39 PM

Is this the same perfect circle that had a reggae sounding hit in the nineties??

Dogstar 10-05-2003 05:13 PM

I don't think so, Aimee. I think their first album came out in 2000..It involves Maynard James Keenan from Tool (he's the singer).

stargirl 10-05-2003 06:50 PM

I never knew that Twiggy Ramirez help out on this album, but i cant careless anyhow!

Have any of yous seen them in concert yet? They are comming to my country in Jan 04 for the Big day Out!! and Metallica is playing is well cant remember the list!!! But i am so going, should be a kick ass show!! ;)

hotforscott 10-05-2003 07:12 PM

I love their music, but I haven't gotten the album yet.
Lechium, what other bands/music do you listen to? Anything I may have heard of?

Lechium 10-05-2003 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by stargirl
I never knew that Twiggy Ramirez help out on this album, but i cant careless anyhow!

he goes under his real name Jerordie White on that album, but yeah

i listen to various stuff... tool, nin, dredg, qotsa, massive attack, bjork, at the drive-in and such (but never the band you guys love oh so much lol)

hotforscott 10-05-2003 07:50 PM

LOL. I have actually been listening to a lot of more undergroud stuff since I have been listening to my boss' radio show on the weekends. It's all metal pretty much, but I have found an entire world of anti-drone music. It's great. I have only heard of a few that you listed. What type of music are the others?

facelessman 10-06-2003 12:58 AM

hmmm i might have to get it. ill add it to my list.

Said Eyes 10-06-2003 03:06 AM

I bought it the day it came out, and love it. Been listening to it constantly at work. A little softer than I was expecting, but when the big riffs come calling it is perfect. Its not quite as good as Mer de Noms, but then its one of my favourite albums.

I do really love the beginning to the Package.

Dogstar 10-06-2003 01:20 PM

Right on about The Package, Said Eyes. The Package just sets the tone. Hooked me right in. Mer de Noms is better, but I'm kind of glad this one's a little different. It's nice to see them mellow out a tad. Maynard has such a beautiful lilting voice. It's nice to hear more of it!

hide 10-13-2003 10:05 PM

I'm a little perplexed as to the point of APC, its good but its just like a softer version of Tool. If your going to do a side-project do something competely different to your main band.